Has anybody upgraded from a 4 or older to a 6S or 6S+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iDanny26, Oct 11, 2015.

1. iDanny26 macrumors regular

iDanny26

In a few weeks I will have saved up enough to buy a 6S, I can't wait.

I've been using a 4 on iOS 6 for the last 3 years or so. The battery life is not as good no more, but it's served me well. Also it's so hard to find apps that work on iOS 6.

I was wondering if anybody was on a 4 or older and decided to upgrade, what did you go for and how different was it?

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

My wife and I just upgraded from the 4s. Because of her vision, my wife went with the 6S+, while I went with the 6S.

Since you're on iOS 6, the biggest difference you're going to see is the update to iOS 9. Since most of the visible UI changes started with iOS 7, you're going to see the most aesthetic changes there. As far as speed and response time goes, you're going to see a HUGE difference. My wife and I were on 8.4 with 4s, and it was starting to lag.

I'd say head to a local store that has them on display, and have a look at how the run compared to your 4. then you'll have a good idea of what you're looking forward to.

BL.

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

You absolutely did the right thing by keeping your i4 on iOS6 and managed to extract every last day of longevity out of that thing.

Upgrading to the 6S is going to be, frankly, amazing. Like going from a Pentium laptop running XP to a laptop with an i5 processor running Windows 10. Prepare to be as happy as a pig in muck.

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

huge leap in every direction. not only on the hardware, but also in the software. iOS 9 is quite different from iOS 6