Has anyone been able to advance the upgrade date on AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rgarjr, Dec 22, 2014.

1. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Verizon is being generous and letting their customers advance their upgrade date 2 months ahead

2. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

Yes, but you have to speak to the retentions department and you will have to place the order through them directly. It might depend on the agent that you get, but it was offered to me 12 months in advance. Good luck.

3. rgarjr thread starter macrumors 603

rgarjr

I'm only a few days from my eligible date and having a hard time getting them to advance it.

4. posguy99 macrumors 6502

So wait. The world won't end.

5. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I was able to get ATT to move my date up by 2 weeks but I had to speak to a rep. I spent 45 minutes on a chat and she wasn't budging. It was starting to get ugly. I called and spoke to another rep and she fixed my eligibilty date in less than 5 minutes.

6. rgarjr thread starter macrumors 603

rgarjr

I'm having the same hard time with the chat reps trying to advance my date which is the end of this year.

I've already tried it like in 3 different occasions. They're supposedly going to call me back to see if they can do it.

7. mhdena macrumors 6502

Depends on your standing, I got an iphone 5 last year, when the 5s came out. This year I got a 6 less than a year later, full subsidy and traded in my iphone 4 for $200:D.

As mentioned you have to go through retention.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Call retentions. This was already suggested by someone else. I certainly woukdnt contibue wasting my time after three separate attempts.

9. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Make sure to make an actual call and speak with someone. The rep via telephone fixed me up in less than 5 minutes. When I asked her how come the chat rep wouldn't help me, she told me that they have less authority. Even with her authority, she had to check with someone else.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

ATT in the past been willing to adjust the date, conversely VZW has been largely resistant. Personally, being only 2 months, I'd wait.