Has anyone been able to walk into an Apple Store and purchase a 7 Plus? (Launch Day)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jdlorinser, Sep 16, 2016.

1. jdlorinser macrumors member

Just like the title says... Has anyone been able to walk into an Apple Store today and purchase a 7 Plus? I'm not asking about a preorder or a reserve, just a 'walk-in'...

2. sjc83 macrumors 6502

sjc83

No.

3. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Nope

4. HGHTWRR macrumors newbie

The guys at our local premium reseller told me they got sent 170 iPhones 7/+ in all colors except JetBlack/Black 7+.
    And they told me they got still some left if they subtract the reservations, so yeah you would have been able to buy an ipHone :) Even a plus!

5. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Where? My understanding is that there aren't any. Somehow Apple botched the launch and didn't make enough to cover the customers who wanted to pick some up at a store.

6. HGHTWRR macrumors newbie

Im living in Germany, and im not lying here. Most of the plus size models were the rose gold ones!

7. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I want to go back to Germany. I loved being there on ED with BMW. :)

8. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Yep walked into an AT&T store in Fort Worth and they had Pluses available at 1pm. No JB or Black obviously, they had all other colors in the Plus size.

9. vishalc macrumors regular

vishalc

Apparently someone did. I saw a Jet Black 7 Plus on eBay that sold for $4,300 this morning.

10. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

Probably a store manager that snagged the only one sent to them (May have even been the one intended for the store demo)

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Couldn't that have just been someone that reserved it and decided to make a profit? Doesn't mean they got it as a walk in.

As soon as I got in line at my store for my reservation they immediately said no Pluses available. Same thing happened at the store my GF went to.

12. vishalc macrumors regular

vishalc

Maybe, but there were no store pick up reservations for Jet Black Pluses anywhere in the world. It had to be a walk in at some store. Also, he said that he was shipping it on the 16th itself.

13. PirateP macrumors 6502

PirateP

I checked with two stores locally, and neither had any pluses. An AT&T store about 50 miles from here had a few remaining 256GB Rose Gold Pluses. I don't want a white and pink phone, though, so I'll wait.

14. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

I walked into a TMO in Dallas and the rep said that the entire city is sold out of Plus models... only pre-ordered peeps got them at like 8am upon pickup.

15. RedOrchestra, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016

RedOrchestra Suspended

I was in my Apple Store (in Canada) this morning, picking up a case for my 7 and they had I'm thinking 50 - 70 units all lined up on a table at the back of the store BOTH 7 and 7+ in equal numbers; all colours EXCEPT Jet Black. I have no idea how many were for walk-ins how many were for pre-orders.

On the other hand, my carrier store had NO 7+ period; NO Jet Black period.

16. franantares macrumors member

franantares

Apparently someone did. He's now feeding his unicorn.

17. MacBreezy macrumors regular

MacBreezy

I went into two different Verizon stores today and neither one had the 7+. Both stores still had the 7 in matte black and the other colors.

18. Mlrollin91, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016

Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Are you sure? There are 2 at my store today (Reservation only). 1) 128GB iPhone 7 Plus and 1) 256GB iPhone 7 Plus. Only two Jet black devices. Zero iPhone 7 Jet black.

19. mainevent1536 macrumors member

mainevent1536

My local T-Mobile had a decent (4-5 per and 2 Black) amount of stock of pluses, in every color but JB. Although highest storage capacity was 32. I guess mid-day they had an addition delivery of phones.

20. bouldermac macrumors member

I was able to reserve a 128 at the local apple store this morning...appointment this evening to pick up!

21. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

I was at an Apple Store in Atlanta (Cumberland Mall) and had to return two cases. I ordered ones for the 7 instead of the Plus and he said they still have Pluses for walk-ins. Just not jet black.

22. randalblanken macrumors regular

After reading about some of these Pluses available for walkins I'm about to call my Apple Store and ask if they have any available...

23. vishalc macrumors regular

vishalc

Wow that's incredible. There's like 7 Apple stores I could go to in the area but absolutely none of them have a Jet Black Plus.

24. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Not possible.

25. Sheboygan macrumors member

Sheboygan

I had one sent to my home through an error on my part. I plan to take it back to the Apple store tomorrow (West County Center near St Louis) and return it-- so some lucky person will get a matte black 7 Plus 256 GB tomorrow.