Has anyone canceled their 6+ order "preparing for shipment" & bought in store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kevin22, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Kevin22 macrumors member

Been stuck in preparing for shipment since last monday.
    I was thinking of canceling the order and just going early tomorrow morning to stand in line for hopes of snagging one, but wanted to see if anyone has canceled yet when their status has been "preparing for shipment"
    How long did it take to clear your eligibility status with your provider?
    Yea I know the tracking sites haven't shown any inventory for awhile, but I've been in to stores lately and I still see people walking out with their 6+ after standing in line.
    I'm not talking about the app store reservation... just good ol' stand in line.
    It's my last ditch effort before I just dump my order altogether if status hasn't changed by monday, and grab a different branded phone because of this whole nightmare of feeding store inventories instead of preorders :rolleyes:

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I don't think you can cancel an item once it goes into a preparing for shipment can you? Have you called Apple? When you view your status does it give you the option to cancel the order? If so you can probably cancel the order then.

Typically when you cancel an item, you should be able to get your eligibility back right away but I guess it depends on which carrier it is. But some had issues when they cancelled the online order they didn't get their eligibility back right away.

3. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

You cannot cancel a Apple store order that is preparing for shipment. Ive tried lol.

4. Kevin22 thread starter macrumors member

I was told I could when I called them earlier.
    They said they put the request through to the warehouse to stop the shipment then the warehouse confirms and reports back to apple saying they won't/didn't ship the phone. Then I would be elidgable again to buy a phone under contract.
    If anyone has actually done this can you please let me know how long the process took?