Has Anyone Cancelled ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Finz72, Sep 21, 2013.

  1. Finz72 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2012
    #1
    Has anyone changed their mind about the 5s because of the wait time for ordering online ? I ordered the 32gb Gold 5s and the shipping date is "October". I've been checking out the 5c in yellow and it seems like an slight improvement over the IP5. Anyone have second thoughts ? If so, is it hard to cancel an order on Apple.com and reorder another phone ? I ordered the 5s at full price so a carrier upgrade through ATT shouldn't be an issue. Thoughts ?
     
  2. OneMike macrumors 601

    OneMike

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2005
    #2
    I picked up my 5S yesterday but don't settle. You'll just regret later.
     
  3. Jman13 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2011
    Location:
    Columbus, OH
    #3
    If you're going to cancel, just get a gray 5S..they should be readily available in stores either today or very shortly.
     
  4. Finz72 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2012
    #4
    White/Silver in short supply also ?? I'm hoping the supply shortage isn't as bad as reported.
     
  5. rhino369 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2013
    #5
    I might go into a store and pick one up and cancel my online order. From the sound of it, it seems like stores have 16gb spacegrays in stock. No reason to wait until Oct. 1 for it.
     
  6. junglesnake macrumors 6502

    junglesnake

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2011
    #6
    I preordered at 2:00 am yesterday then went to work at 4 and got off at 1:30 and went to Verizon and they had the space grey that I ordered so I cancelled my order and purchased on the spot! I love this one and like others have said, don't settle man! No matter what because your stuck with that phone! I think you in my opinion just wait it out! You will be happier in the end but that's just my .02 cents. If you can find it locally then grab it and cancel your order but I think it's going to be tough for awhile.
     
  7. Macalway macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2013
    #7
    I remember I did the exact same thing for the 5 and it totally screwed up my upgrade eligibility for a few days as the Apple and ATT computers were not exactly in sync. So I had to wait, and make a few calls.

    Hassle.
     
  8. sao309, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013

    sao309 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2013
    #8
    Yes, and it worked

    I ordered a space gray at apple.com on Friday morning. 7-10 day shipping. After I saw the silver later in the day, I wanted to have that color. I canceled my order for space gray online. I then had to call Apple and the rep was able to place my order for the silver. The issue was that the upgrade had to be released to use it again. No problem. My silver iphone now shows 7-10 day shipped and the space gray is cancelled. No charges to the credit card as that happens when the phone ships.
     
  9. bowdoinsq macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2013
    #9
    I have an order in for a silver 32GB, but with delivery not estimated til the second week of October, I'm wondering if I would have better luck just canceling the online order and getting it in store before that time. But if the silver/gold shortages continue for a while, that may not be a good move. Decisions, decisions!
     
  10. kupkakez macrumors 68000

    kupkakez

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2011
    #10
    I cancelled mine yesterday but only because I was able to find it in store after work.
     
  11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

    ucfgrad93

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Location:
    Colorado
    #11
    Personally, I would just keep the online order. I wouldn't want to waste my time searching the stores on a daily basis. There is no telling when supplies in stores are going to increase.
     
  12. Finz72 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2012
    #12
    I know. I'm very impatient and I have this crappy feeling that I won't get the Gold 32gb until early November at best. That would really suck. I'd like a new device well before then.

    ----------

    Yeah, I have better things to do than to stalk the closest store (40 miles away) and my ATT store. I guess patience will have to rule.
     
  13. rhino369 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2013
    #13

    If I were using an upgrade I'd just wait. But I'm paying full price because I've got Tmobile. It should be as simple as clicking cancel on apple store on my phone after I walk into the store as see if they have stock.

    Still not sure if it's worth it. I need a phone by Oct 7, but my shipping date should be before that. Just want to hedge against shipping delays. Though from what I can tell, Apple is good about hitting shipping dates.
     
  14. Finz72 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2012
    #14
    I just replaced my current phone with ATT with the new 5s. I didn't have a upgrade available so I am paying full price. Don't want to cancel the gold especially since there is low stock in stores right now. The 5c is interesting though.
     

Share This Page