Has anyone changed their order at Apple after 10pm reservation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ivabign, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Ivabign macrumors 6502

Ivabign

Question to those who have purchased at 10pm online at Apple.com and then went to pick up their phone the next day - Has anyone switched up the service at time of purchase? What I mean is have you been able to pay full price for the phone when you ordered a subsidized phone through the system?

I purchased one last week on my wife's line with her upgrade and realized that I was killing her unlimited (not a big deal as she uses no data - facebook and email is all) - I tried to switch the purchase to an open line, but the Genius stated I couldn't because the transaction was already basically completed - I was there to pick up the phone and sign paperwork.

What I wanted to know is if anyone had a similar experience where they were either upgrading (subsidized) or adding a line - and then at the Apple store paid full price for the phone without the added line/subsidy?

2. bogatyr macrumors 65816

Buy the phone subsidized, return phone, buy full price. Depending on the sales person they can do it all on the spot for you. The return cancels all the changes to the line.

3. skitzogreg macrumors 6502

skitzogreg

Well, that's new. If it's within their policy, why not?

4. Ivabign thread starter macrumors 6502

Ivabign

Thanks - I just don't want to have a situation where he processes the return and refuses to sell the phone in my hand to me.

5. bogatyr macrumors 65816

Some people have reported that, so it really depends on the associate you get at the store.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

What these two said. Some people have had luck doing this method. Others have been told the phone goes back to the "first come, first serve" line and they will have to wait and hope.

7. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Agreed. I had a rep who let me cancel my reservation via the Apple 800 number, so it would release it for "general sale", and then sold it to me. But, I wasn't doing the full price thing, only changed my mind on which line on the account I wanted the upgrade on.

If they told you that it goes back into the "first come, first serve" line, I would say OK, I'm here to buy an iPhone, and I'm asking right now, so I must be first, otherwise show me who's in line before me. Not sure why they wouldn't sell it to you. Maybe the rep was just moody that day. That's the kind of thing that loses customers, which most of the time, Apple doesn't promote doing (quite the opposite, actually).

8. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

b.c when I went to pick up a reserve, there was a line of about 20 people waiting for the phones not reserved.

9. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Ah, gotcha. When I picked mine up, it was later in the day, so there was no one there waiting in line for walk ins, as everyone had already figured all walk ins for that day were done.