Has anyone else had their 4s die on them already?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jacoblee23, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

Mine did. It wouldn't turn on and apple couldn't even figure it out over the phone. Oh well, I got a replacement for free at the Apple store today. They told me that this is rare, and I might have had a defective phone. I sure am hoping that was the case. Apple has great customer service. I had a very pleasant experience getting everything fixed today.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I just had an iPhone 3GS turn off (mid game with 75% battery remaining) for no reason at all. I purchased the iPhone in 2009 and gave it to my mom last year when I got my iPhone 4, I took great care of my phone and so did she, but since the warranty had expired more than a year ago Apple was going to charge a $150 Out-of-warranty fee, so she opted to upgrade to an iPhone 4 herself.

When this issue happened two weeks ago I did a lot of google searching trying to figure out why this happened and if it can be fixed. I was surprised that I was able to find so many people with this issue, but the group was still small and no one knew what was the cause of the problem.

3. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Only time my 4S died is when it ran out of battery.

4. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Today taking a picture, my 4S turned off then on. And it turned off and on in about 3 seconds. Strangest thing I've ever seen with any iPhone I've had since 2007.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

When did you get your iPhone 4S?

I remember my iPad 2 reset twice the first week of owning it, but never again after that.

6. Sunday Shadows macrumors regular

mine shut off randomly then wouldn't power back on, fully charged. got it turn back on with holding the home and power. but it was really odd.

7. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

Mine hasn't died, but it did do this weird thing where the clock turned into a lock icon, and I couldn't open any apps or turn off the phone. I had to wait for it to die.