Has anyone else noticed a difference in choice of words at these presentations?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mnsportsgeek, Sep 10, 2013.

1. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

It's becoming all too clear to me why these presentations don't have the same feel as they did when Steve was doing them. Steve used simple terms that the average consumer could relate to. The Apple Keynote's with Tim Cook use a bunch of jargon that no one understands.

Steve used to show us how this hardware would benefit us. Tim simply spouts off some hardware specs and expects people to cheer. It is clear that this generation of Apple is focusing on specs, while the Steve Jobs generation focused on functionality. The problem is that Apple can't compete with Samsung on specs alone.

The fingerprint sensor is a perfect example. They spent far too much time telling us the science behind taking a fingerprint. NOBODY CARES! The developer's don't even care! How can I incorporate this into my apps? (Answer is that they can't) How will this benefit me? How will this make me feel safe? How will this be seamless? There is simply no emotion anymore. It's sad.

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I, for one, don't miss all the empty, hyperbolic, marketing words used in the past to generate baseless enthusiasm from the audience.

If I never hear amazing, incredible, fantastic, and my favorite...magical, it will be too soon.

I don't need silly, overblown, and ultimately meaningless words to either appreciate a new feature or piece of hardware, or not be impressed.