Has anyone even gotten an answer from an Apple store employee?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blue rocket, Sep 19, 2013.

1. blue rocket macrumors 6502

blue rocket

There's a ton of speculation here, but has anyone gotten any reliable information by calling their local apple store? Talked with a genius, has a buddy that's a genius, etc?

What does their stock look like, what colors, GB variations, etc. Haven't seen any real information from Apple store employees at all...

2. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

To me they just said 'we should have a fair amount of stock'.
    I still haven't decided on the colour anyway :D

3. Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

Called a few apple stores in my area (Boston) and all are keeping it hush hush.... I guess I'll be finding out around 8am tomorrow :-x

4. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Last year my store had at least a 1000, more like 1500-2000 i would have guessed.

The thing is..they did not do preorders. This does not mean there will be less in stores. I am guessing there will be 5x more available in stores now because they did not do preorders. They just did not have enough to do preorders...

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

1000 what? geniuses, people, iPhones ? :confused:

6. TAI182 macrumors regular

TAI182

I was just told that they will have stock. No information on colors. Wouldn't tell me what a "reasonable" time to line up is. Wouldn't tell me if there was already a line.

7. blue rocket thread starter macrumors 6502

blue rocket

so lame! why do they have to be so weird with these releases! Yep, looks like 20 people are already out there... we should have plenty if you get here between XX and XX. Not hard. I have to assume Apple tells them to say absolutely nothing -- that's why we need someone with an inside connection!

8. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

She just said "We don't know" and she also had an attitude, I felt like she was sick of hearing these kind of questions from people.

9. blue rocket thread starter macrumors 6502

blue rocket

Yah, that's essentially the crappy answer I got.

10. thecurryman macrumors 6502

a friend of mine who works at the apple store near me said that he is going to let me know if its worth getting one tomorrow (i cant get one untill 11am). He did say that for the 5 launch, their store lasted well into the afternoon.

11. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I did

Called the local Apple Store and the employee (Andy) told me they would have all models in all colors tomorrow (launch day).

12. gsilver macrumors member

I talked to someone who said that they had a ton of Space Gray phones but as far as white Verizon models they only had 4.

13. dominic252 macrumors member

My brother isn't allowed in the back of the house because he's a floor employee, but he was able to sneak a look when someone accidentally went in the back room and he said, and I quote "Holy ****, there's a lot of iPhones back there". He ten assured me I'd have no problem getting one tomorrow if I wait in line. However, he also mentioned not every Apple store gets the same amount. It ll depends on the demographic and all that jazz.

S that's what I know. He can't give me specifics or he'll lose his job. Same with anyone else

14. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

My brother-in-law's cousin does maintenance at an Apple store and he heard someone from the genius bar say they saw a bunch of boxes in the back.

15. swish2351 macrumors 6502

Two words: UNRELIABLE SOURCES

16. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I think Steviejobz was being sarcastic. ;)

17. jeffm5690 macrumors regular

My friends brothers aunts sons wife's best friends husbands uncle has a son that washes the windows for a guy that knows a lady that works in the store next to the Apple store and told him that they had 2700 iPhones delivered this morning...:rolleyes:

18. swish2351 macrumors 6502

Didn't realize, my apologies :p

19. skywavesli macrumors regular

skywavesli

haha. Seriously though, which one?

20. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Now THAT'S what I call a real source!:D

21. itjw macrumors 65816

I know a monkey who went to college with a bellhop from a hotel that Steve Jobs once drove by, and he said they would have:

SOME

Take it to the bank folks. He's been right 100% of the time. He also throws his poop. How bad ass is that???

22. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Yet they are better than people who have no information spreading misinformation based on pure conjecture.

And they are better than your useless post :cool:

23. swish2351 macrumors 6502

You seem slightly upset sir