Has anyone ever successfully swapped phone color upon replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AceGuy78, Oct 15, 2012.

1. AceGuy78 macrumors member

AceGuy78

Heading to the Apple Store today and most likely getting my White 4s swapped. I've read a couple forums about people not being allowed to get the color changed, but has it ever successfully happened? I'm eager to get a black one.

2. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I'm not sure but I have heard of people managing to get a free 4S from the apple store if they managed to convince the genius bar guy that their phone didn't work properly and that they didnt have any 4's left in store.

3. Blue Ivy macrumors member

I've tried doing this several times. The Geniuses will not(under any circumstances) allow a color change.

4. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

It was successful for me because I had a pretty big issue with a genius being rude to me and denying me service, when I could clearly here him giving another lady an exception for the exact same thing. I called him out on his double standard and said it was discriminating against me. Yes I was a bit overboard, but when I asked for their names, they covered their badges! Like they were LAPD or something. It was crazy. I filed a complaint and the general manager called me to try to appease me and I was able to swap out my black iPhone that had issues. He asked if that made me happy, I said no. A white iPhone would make me happy, and he said most certainly.

If you cause a stink due to truly legitimate reasons, then they'll give you the world. Just a ****** experience to go through. Of course those geniuses were never seen again.