Has anyone ever tried one of these? (MBA Black bezel)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by copa, Nov 14, 2013.

1. copa macrumors member

copa

I'm referring to this:
    http://www.precioustore.com/macbook-air/black-macbook-air.html

I'm just interested if anybody used one of these things and could say a few things about it, like how it fits or if its causes a problem when closing the screen. Mostly I want to know because I like the black bezel around the screen on the rMBPs way more than the silver MBA bezel.

2. dean1012 macrumors regular

I haven't tried it but it looks like it's just a thin film that affixes to the existing frame and can be pulled off and reapplied.

If that assumption is correct, I seriously doubt it'd cause any functional issues with the laptop (such as being unable to close the screen).

3. lina231 macrumors regular

You won't have problems closing the screen, but you will have problems keeping it shut. I know because I have a screen cover on my MBA that looks exactly like that bezel, but with the screen protector. It interferes with the magnets, and when you tilt the MBA up it will slightly open. I still have my screen cover on my MBA because it doesn't really bother me, especially now that I know whats causing it (I thought it was the hinges at first). For some people though, I know it would bother them.

4. Fallingreason macrumors newbie

I looked at these but thought they were kinda silly.

I'm a form over function type of person. The silver bezel is for weight reduction (weights a lot less than the glass panels on the pros). I also think its silly to have the silver microphones poking through. It will always look like a wannabe pro with that on.