has anyone exchanged their A1428 iP5 recently?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MVRL, Apr 17, 2013.

1. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

Has anyone exchanged their A1428 iP5 since April 12th? I was wondering if anyone could confirm if you get the new updated A1428s or the older A1428s. Thanks!

2. onecoolazzgeek macrumors member

If you mean exchange as in within your 30-day window, I did on the 12th. I took my unlocked iPhone 5 32gb in and exchanged for the newer T-mobile version. Two things to consider:

1. You have to specifically ask for one with a 1700/2100 band
    2. It will be locked to T-mobile but you can easily contact T-mobile and have them unlock it since you the real full price (I got them to do it over chat, no receipt fax needed)

3. MVRL thread starter macrumors regular

MVRL

Ah, sorry i wasn't clear. I actually meant a replacement due to manufacturing defects, mine has a loose part rolling in my phone and you can clearly hear it when you pick up the phone or gently tilt it around. I've had my original since launch, and this replacement for 2 weeks, so I am not in the 30-day window, unfortunately. Thanks though!

4. crisg macrumors member

You'll get a refurb or new version of the phone you exchange and not a newer, updated version. Sorry.

5. MVRL thread starter macrumors regular

MVRL

just an update, I went ahead and exchanged my phone, and I got a new updated version with the serial number ending in FH1H. :)

6. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

What provider are you with? and what's so special about the newer version? Are you planning on switching to T-Mobile?

I'm asking because I have an AT&T iPhone 5 that needs to swapped.

7. MVRL thread starter macrumors regular

MVRL

I was with AT&T, and now I am on T-Mo's $30 prepaid. The difference with the new and the old versions is the AWS support for the 1700 band, which T-Mobile uses. :) If you are planning on hopping over to T-Mo, the updated version is definitely better.

8. bozzykid macrumors 68020

If you are exchanging it at an Apple Store for a unlocked A1428, the T-Mobile version will already be unlocked. In fact, I don't even think Apple sells the A1428 T-Mobile variant locked.

9. bcooln macrumors regular

i got mine exchange couple days ago, i got the new tmobile version, i assume it is because the serial number end with FH1C.

10. Prime85 macrumors 6502a

Prime85

has anyone exchanged their A1428 iP5 recently?

Yes this one will work on the T-mobile network

FH1C - 16GB white
    FH1H - 64GB white

I dont know about the other numbers but these are the ones i have exchaged.

It seems as each of the 6 numbers stands for a size and a color.