Has anyone gone to the Apple Store today and gotten a refund for their bumper?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Amnesia87, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

I saw Engadget posting that someone was able to do this in Europe, but I'm curious if they are doing that at all apple stores?

Anyone tried yet?

2. fender57 macrumors 6502

No, I'm just going to wait until Apple rolls out the official process. No need to rush them at this point.

3. rtabdo macrumors 6502

I live a couple blocks from the Apple store. They said more info will be coming soon, but they cannot do it yet.

4. Amnesia87 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm I see, I think I'll have to stop by my Apple Store on my way home, it's on the way. I wanna know how it works soon since I'm not sure if I want to keep my bumper or not but I only have until the 20th to return it. I kind of want one in a white one instead, or possibly one of the new incase sliders.

So I'm not sure if I need to return it and then order a new one when the time comes or what.

5. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

6. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I just want a store credit for the one I bought so I can get a $49 :eek: universal dock with a remote I don't need so that I can take out the insert and dock my phone with the bumper I have on it.

7. Savor Suspended

Savor

For anyone getting a refund, what are you all planning to do with the $30+ store credit?

I am no longer considering getting a 2GB iPod shuffle at half price or another bumper.

I think I may just get $30 worth of iTunes gift cards and use it to buy games, movies, and TV shows for my iPhone 4.

What are your plans once you get your refund?

8. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

might just get the $30 iTunes giftcard
    or Apple Headphones.
    or The iPhone 4 Dock.

9. dgstan macrumors 6502a

Glad I returned my bumper yesterday. Got $30 cashish.

10. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

But if you kept it, wouldn't you have gotten a refund for the same amount?

11. amazingdm macrumors 6502

I returned mine a few days ago but hats because it offers no protection and scratched/marked my phone pretty bad

12. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

You assume you're just going to be able to pick out any case in the store? I think you'll be disappointed.

13. thecellar macrumors regular

i'm gonna ask for my refund in all pennies and throw them into a wishing well one at a time, in hopes that one day ATT will become a respectable network....

14. Savor Suspended

Savor

Any HIGH QUALITY apps anyone here can recommend?

Especially games with extremely high replay value. I don't really trust the reviewers posting on the App Store.

I still think Fieldrunners was one of the best games to ever come on the iOS platform almost two years later. I want games as addicting like that one.

15. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

What most likely will happen is that you will go online and enter your phone's serial number, a few bits of contact information, and the number on your receipt used to purchase the bumper. From there they will likely issue you a check or credit back your credit card purchase.

For all those people who posted their serial numbers online, beware someone might steal your case!!!!! :p

16. thecellar macrumors regular

get Peggle

17. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

Will the apple store even give me my 30 back, even though I opened the box already?

18. RickyD53 macrumors regular

they said in the press conference that you can choose from their bumpers, or any other case from other vendors, im sure its gonna have to be equal or lesser value of a bumper, and the incase sliders should be equal or lesser value.

19. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

You don't have to return it to get the 30 bucks.

20. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

Oh ok, can I still get a free case? Or is it a choice of refund of bumper or free case?

21. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I'm willing to bet that its one or the other. You know, they give one free case or one check for the money back for a bumper per iphone bought.

22. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

man, i never got my receipt when i bought my bumper. I wonder how the apple store will handle that??

23. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

My receipt is also long gone ... how can I get reimbursed???

24. surferchick2 macrumors member

Wait.... if you hadn't returned it yesterday, wouldn't you still get 30.00 cash PLUS keep the 30.00 bumper?

25. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

hopefully it will be a good learning lesson in life for you that you should keep your receipts.