Has anyone gotten an iphone without a reservation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBaloney, Sep 26, 2012.

1. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

I called a local apple store today and they said they were saving all the shipments for those who have reservations. I was wondering if anyone was able to get an iphone by just walking in w/o a reservation since this whole reservation thing started?

2. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

To me the reservation thing is a great idea poorly executed because not allowing walk in customers a chance to buy one is crazy.
    At least set aside a few for walk ins.

3. antman2295 macrumors 6502

I walked in to at&t on launch day, and got a 32GB and a 16GB black :) The last of each. Didn't even have to wait, and the rep told me that there was a line all the way around the building waiting since 7:30 the night before... Needless to say, I was happy.

4. matttye macrumors 601

Yeah, walked into my O2 store the other day and got one of the last three phones available.

5. kousuke18 macrumors regular

I got mine without a reservation. Walked in to the apple store and was put into a queue as well as given a card indicating which iphone 5 configuration I wanted. The wait was about 1-1.5 hours. Prior to this, every phone store I contacted (both small and big) were all sold out or didn't have the configuration I wanted.

6. PurpleHeart macrumors member

when was that? Ever since the reservation system kicked in, stores seem to be repeating 'please go online and reserve'

7. formulatwo macrumors member

Interesting. Apple Stores out in Phoenix are not talking walk in customers unless it is for sprint.

8. Maximus66 macrumors newbie

Check this out. I got tired of waiting and came across a site called milo.com. I was able to check who had stock available in my area. It looks like quite a few of the RadioShacks had phones in stock. The very first store I called had the two Verizon models I was looking for, so of course, I broke all kind of laws to get to the phones because they said they couldn't hold them for me, as it's first come first served. So from here on out, I will go to RadioShacks to get my phones if I don't pre-order. BTW, I don't think they carry AT&T models- only Verizon and Sprint.

9. kousuke18 macrumors regular

It was this monday. Also, this is an apple store in Canada so maybe that's why?

10. gemnilocs macrumors 6502

gemnilocs

thanks for the tip, i just passed this on to others. Maybe i will get lucky too.