Has anyone gotten AT&T to unlock their iphone 5 yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lamenramen, Sep 21, 2012.

1. lamenramen macrumors regular

Hi, paid full price, current AT&T customer. I would like the phone unlocked for travel. Filled out the web form. Just wondering if anyone has actually had success yet, or if AT&T is pulling some baloney like we'll start unlocking in month. I paid full price, I'm a legit customer, and I want it unlocked now.

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Unlocked for international travel? Likely, if you're a customer in good standing.

3. Xarthan macrumors regular

Xarthan

I have yet to get them to unlock my 4s per the email request :mad:

4. benguild macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I'm going to try this when it shows up today. Had an unlocked 4S before they started doing unlocks for people.

5. alent1234 macrumors 603

how does the unlock for international travel work? i thought with at&t it was just locked or unlocked all the way

6. lamenramen thread starter macrumors regular

Well apparently the phones are already unlocked if you bought them full price from apple.

7. RNVarma macrumors regular

I agree, but there might be a subtle difference if you supplied your phone number. There seems to be a discrepancy: you buy device-only without supplying a phone number, it appears to be unlocked; if you supply a phone number, it may get locked to AT&T.

I do not fully know, though.

8. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

can you email me a copy of your receipt so I can get mine unlocked please? its ysoserious82@gmail.com