Has anyone gotten the speck candyshell with the Zagg invisibleshield for the iphone4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by elangotango, Jun 28, 2010.

1. elangotango macrumors newbie

I have invisibleshield installed on my iphone and I want a case for it . i went to best buy the other day and got a ifrogz case and It didint work it kept messing up my Iphone invisibleshield. ive been looking at the speck candyshell, will that work with the iphone 4?

2. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

+1, my local ATT store just got in a shipment today of Candyshells and Fitted. Don't know much about the latter but I would be curious as I'm leaning towards a Candyshell vs Bumper after seeing some damage done to an i4 w/bumper (minor glass nick from a drop to the pavement)

3. elangotango thread starter macrumors newbie

bumpers are horrible, it will preserve your iphone's look, but when its in your pocket with your keys and your lint the back will scratch up. the candyshell is the best way to go if you want protection, except im not sure if it will work with invisibleshield

4. mat25 macrumors regular

mat25

I am wondering the same thing but with a Wrapsol Ultra

5. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

I bought the last Candyshell in Black. They had one that was baby blue/purple and some other odd colors but heh... I have to say I really like it. If I were to accidently drop my i4 in this thing I don't think it would get damaged at all. I still will get the bumper just to see how it feels.

The downside to the Candyshell in black is this thing is gonna scuff up like a mofo. But that's what its there for. To take the brunt. I'll post some pics in another thread.

elangotango is correct about the bumper in the pocket with loose change or keys. Co-worker told me he doesn't have any protection on the front or back and just thought about that over the weekend when he threw his keys in the pocket with the i4.

anyway with the full Zagg on the Candyshell went on w/o a hitch.

6. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I thought the Zagg wouldn't fit with the Candyshell on. Think I may head over to BB now to get a Zagg put on.

7. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

well i mean its a tight fit but as you will see later (i'll post pics) it is on there. I don't see any issue (yet) but I just put the thing on.

8. wattsja macrumors regular

Zagg IS + Black CandyShelly here and it works and fits perfectly! I have ZERO complaints about the fit.

9. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

None of the At&t stores in Austin have any and AT&T online is sold out. :(

10. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

I went back to the ATT store and they sold out of ALL Candyshells. What that was maybe 2hrs? wow

11. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

some pics w/Zagg (full body).

Attached Files:

12. Jay26 macrumors member

Which store did you find these at? I know you were looking for bumpers in the CT area. None of the AT&T stores in CT seem to have the black candyshell.

13. hitteam macrumors member

hitteam

These cases are on high demand, i have been trying to get a 2nd for a friend since 24th, still no luck on the black one, they usually will have some purple and pink one in stock, which I don't like:mad:.

They seems like really tight fit with IS on, why ppl still want to out a extra layer protection while this case can just done it 10 times better already. Beside i hate to remove all these skin off everytime while i need to have my iPhone replace or service due to some hardware malfunction issues.

14. Adamb18c5 macrumors member

Is that trim on the black case blue? I thought it was suppose to be gray.

15. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

no its gray. i guess the pic makes it look blue

16. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I ordered a black Candyshell right after Speck tweeted they were available to order on ATT.com and mine has yet to ship. I checked my local store in CT and they said they'd have some today or tomorrow, but I am sure they will sell out quickly.

17. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

they are going to sell out fast. the guy at the store where i bought mine at said it was nuts. they got it shipped to their store and not even 5mins go by a person walked in and asked if they had any candyshells. the guy didn't even open the box yet. but they had all funky colors and 4 black. i was able to get one. i know of another store that only got 2 in last night. they do seem to be selling as fast as bumpers. the other cases ATT had were not up to par.

My Candyshell has the flash problem though...emailed Speck about it. Kinda a bummer since I love the flash option now but pics look washed out. The case is awesome though.

18. sp219 macrumors newbie

Glad to hear the CandyShell works okay with screen protectors. I have a Zagg IS on right now but don't like it much so I'll probably just keep it until Power Support releases the Crystal Film for the iPhone 4.

My local AT&T store didn't have any in stock but they placed an order for me in the store and told me i'll get it in a few days.