Has anyone had the failure to sync/deleting music+podcast bug in 7.0.4?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by g35, Nov 18, 2013.

1. g35 macrumors 6502a

I noticed this in 7.0.2-7.0.3 where it'd often fail to finish sync and spontaneously delete podcasts and music, even when not plugged in and listening to the podcast it deleted. I haven't experienced this in 7.0.4 but wonder if it's luck of the draw or a permanent fix, as I couldn't find anything in the change logs or forums referring to this.

2. Type4O macrumors regular

I've had the issue all v7.x. Pain. iTunes suddenly decides to remove my songs. Or it puts the song titles in the library but doesn't copy the files, or iTunes says they are on my device, but I can't find them. As for podcasts, most of the time they don't play. The app says the podcasts are not available, even they I just downloaded them. Annoying.

3. remmy macrumors 6502a

Just came across this searching for my own solution.

When syncing podcasts from iTunes to iPhone, none of podcasts (apart from one random episode) appears in the podcasts app.

I know the podcasts are being transferred to the iPhone - when I use the cartunes app I can find and play them. I can even control the track with podcast controls using the Music app. But the tracks are not listed in the Music app.

It is a bit of crap work around, start play using cartunes app, then open Music app to control.