Has anyone heard of Myimeiunlock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RafixPhoenix, Mar 23, 2014.

1. RafixPhoenix macrumors regular

Look at this website. Has anyone heard of them? I see a lot of positive reviews but I don't know how legit this service is. Has anyone here actually tried this site?

http://myimeiunlock.com/

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I would personally use SwiftUnlocks or ChronicUnlocks to unlock my iPhone if I had to go that route.

I've used both in the past.

3. RafixPhoenix thread starter macrumors regular

I haven't heard of either one of those, but I did find this website.

http://officialappleunlocker.com/

Supposedly these guys are official apple unlockers doing unlocks through apple. I don't know how much legitimacy that site truly has.

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

There is no such thing as "Official Apple unlockers" There are a number of vendors that do IMEI unlocks None of them are Official. They are able to get your phone registered on the unlock whitelist probably through the carriers or employees of the carriers.

You have already been given names of a few.

5. RafixPhoenix thread starter macrumors regular

Preferably I am looking for sites that unlock iPhones from Cricket Wireless. None of the sites I've been given unlock for my carrier.

6. 869639 macrumors 6502

Cricket iPhone's to date are the CDMA models so no one will offer unlock service for those.

Once AT&T/Cricket merger completes, they will start using the GSM model and services may become available, however if the phones are locked to AIO Wireless as that is what AT&T is planning to merge Cricket with, there may not be any service available....since there is none available to date.

7. RafixPhoenix thread starter macrumors regular

Any word on when the AT&T/Cricket merger finally completes? Or else I'll always be stuck on 3G for iPhones on Cricket.

8. 869639 macrumors 6502

The merger is done Cricket/AIO have merged but I don't think the iPhone models sold before the merger will be eligible for unlock because I'm pretty sure they were not the same model as the ones sold by AT&T A1532/A1533 (5C/5S).

I think they were the other 5C/5S models that is sold by Sprint.

Going forward Cricket will be selling the AT&T carried models however I don't know if they will be unlockable...thats something we will have to see in near future.

9. trt23 macrumors newbie

Reply to original poster, yes, myimeiunlock is a scam. I tried to use them to unlock my Japan Softbank iPhone 6. One month later and no results and no help in getting my money refunded. They just have a single portal through which to contact them via their website, and the response (which is always days later in broken english) says to 'be patient' and 'wait longer'. So yeah, they're a scam. Hope that helps.