Has Anyone Held Out For Years Waiting For it to Come To VERIZON?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HappyDude20, Feb 4, 2010.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I'm simply curious if I'm not alone on this one.

I remember watching the keynote but hating it was on ATT. It seems years later it may come out this summer or def. by next summer.

I'm just wondering if anyone has held out as long as possible.

Cheated: I did get the 1st Gen iPhone a year after it came out on ATT and had it for one week, but the quality sucked big time I switched back to my crappy old verizon phone.......................................

..........Heres to still waiting!

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Get ready to wait for a couple more years, if not more.

3. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

I am waiting for it to come to VZW here. Partly cause of my Verizon contract tho...:rolleyes:(Which just expired).

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its not comming out this summer for Verizon, and most likelly not next summer either.
    You might need to hold out for alot longer.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Jump to AT&T and don't listen to all the naysayers.

6. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Our VZW contract ran out last fall, and the wife and I got iPhones for Christmas. So, yeah we waited years.
    If it does go to VZW in a few more years we'll switch back for sure.

7. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

I like Verizon, but If it is not here by this summer, I might seriously consider "jumping".

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Ask around people that have AT&T in your area and find out how actual coverage is.
    Dont buy into the Verizon "Its the Network" hype.
    You also have 30 days to test it out at the locations that you frequent and if it dont cut it you can return the phone and cancell the agreement.

9. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

For me, Its not just coverage, its that all of my friends are "In".

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You mean unllimited in network calling?
    What about those new $69 unlimited plans they're now offering. I know both at&t and Verizon now do.

11. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

12. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

I hardly talk on the phone tho. But when I do, its "in" calling. $69 is overkill for something I hardly use.;)

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you hardly talk then you could pick a plan that fits your needs and price tag.
    Something you have to decide for yourself and what makes you satisfied in the end is what matters.

14. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

If the next version of the iPhone does not have a Verizon plan, then just jump ship.

But just wait till then. If it's gonna happen, it will be this year.

15. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

AT&T has rollover minutes which work great.

16. philipk macrumors 6502

In my area (Youngstown, Ohio), AT&T coverage is far better than Verizon's. It isn't even a close call.

AT&T bought out the original Wilcom "non-landline" cellular system which was the best. Verizon recently bought out our ALTEL for their towers. ALTEL was the other original "landline" cellular system. They were Sprint before Sprint sold to 360 to start their current PCS system. 360 sold to ALTEL who sold recently to Verizon. Wilcom was always better.

My point of the last paragraph, the big companies each of a different history in different markets. Thus there is no one better system.

For me AT&T is the best coverage.

Check it out!

17. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

18. nehunte macrumors 6502

nehunte

I left Verizon, and my perfect coverage, to get the iPhone on AT&T. I had it 10 months before I had to cancel the contract and switch to a different carrier. I decided to switch to Sprint for the far cheaper calling plans and so far it's great! But if the iPhone makes its way to Big Red, I'll probably wait my contact out with Sprint and pick the iPhone up again. It's by far one of the greater pieces of technology currently available in our society.

OP, you'll have to ignore the "Verizon will never get the iPhone" banter. There is the exact same amount of information pointing to "the iPhone never going to Verizon" as there is "the iPhone will go to Verizon." None. So, feel free to be as optimistic as you like.

19. mreg376 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't use a device on the AT&T network if it was free. Been there, done that. If it doesn't come to Verizon I'll do very well without it.

20. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Nope, I switched from Verizon to AT&T last year for the iphone and I couldn't be happier with my decision :)

21. 1999ncsu macrumors newbie

Yes. Have verizon phones through work. We need service in the remote areas of our county. AT&T doesn't work in those areas, so we are waiting on the iPhone. Plus AT&T/Sprint/T-mobile couldn't touch the price we are getting.

22. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

I just stopped waiting and got a Droid...am very happy with android and with the far far far superior VZ coverage in New York, although android is obviously not as polished. But in any case I simply will not waste $100 a month on a service that is not worth the price for what they deliver. At least with VZ I get my money's worth with excellent service--I get what I pay for, it would not be the case with ATT.

If VZ doesn't get the iPhone then Apple is losing my business, I'm not switching as long as ATT delivers extremely sub par service in the area no matter what.

23. mikeabbz macrumors member

Been patiently waiting for a Verizon iPhone but if none comes this July or is at least announced for a release later this year AT&T here I come...:eek::apple:

24. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

It's definitely not coming to Verizon until they stop running the anti-iPhone ads!!!! :eek:

I switched from Verizon and AT&T has been terrific. It can't hurt that I have a AT&T cell tower across the street. :D

25. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Yeah, really. It's kinda obvious that Apple isn't too interested in Verizon. No iPad on Verizon (that we know of, atleast not at this time), and with them continuing to air their anti-iPhone/Apple ads and their incessant hailing of the Android platform will lead to a sour relationship that may never be mended.