Has anyone here NOT had issues with Sandforce SSDs on a 2008 Macbook Aluminum Unibody

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jbg232, Jun 14, 2012.

1. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

I like OWC's Mercury Electra 3g but am concerned about it working in my 2008 aluminum unibody macbook 5,1. Has anyone here installed THIS EXACT DRIVE into THIS EXACT COMPUTER and NOT had a problem? I only ask because the forums tend to be flooded with people having problems about every little thing but I am curious if anyone has actually seen this combination work well.

2. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

I can't speak for that model...but if your worried about any ssd...you can do no better then intel's 520 series..period!

I personally put in a small 60 gig (i don't need the space) OCZ Agility 3 about a week ago,and em very pleased...put have heard issues with sandforce over time (put i believe that was more of a issue with older controllers from a year or so ago) and that lastest ssd are much more reliable...

3. jbg232 thread starter macrumors 65816

jbg232

There are many posts here that the macbook aluminum will only run 6G drives like the 520 at 1G speeds instead of 3G speeds. Did you install it in a macbook aluminum?

4. pcyyijb macrumors newbie

My macbook 5,1 has been running a OCZ Vertex 2 60gb drive for the last 18 months with no issues at all. If i were to upgrade now i would probably go for a samsung 830 or crucial M4 as the prices are very close.