Has anyone here used a network extender?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jacoblee23, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I am currently in an extended network with spotty service, and I have heard that the Verizon Network extender, would connect me to their network that way my phone stops jumping back and forth from the Verizon Network to the extended. Is this worth the money? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

2. LoloBond macrumors 6502

Roaming on Sprint? lol I use an extender at home to not roam on verizon :D works great.

3. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Roaming on US Cellular. My phone works good when it stays roaming on US Cellular, but when it tries to connect to Verizon towers it doesn't work.

4. LoloBond macrumors 6502

Extenders work great, you get full signal inside your house and if you don't have a wireless router you get full 3G speeds.

5. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is buying a pre-owned one on Amazon safe? I have heard mixed reviews, about having to have the owner give the rights over to the buyer and stuff like that.

6. LoloBond macrumors 6502

No idea how Verizon works, on Sprint you have to pay $99 and if you leave you have to return it.

7. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Verizon's is $249.00

8. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

I have both att and verizon phones. In my home I use a network extender for Verizon as the 3G signal is horrid yet att is excellent w/o an extender. With the extender my reception is greatly improved on Verizon. Yep, it's worth it.

9. highertechnology macrumors 6502a

My phone was literally un usable without my current ATT microcell. I recently moved and my new neighborhood was a network black hole. Phone would lose all service at a close intersection and intermittently come in and out.

The first att rep (phone rep) wanted 299 but would sell it to me for 199 with a microcell monthly service plan.

I went to an ATT store and explained my situation and they said if I bought $100 in accessories they would give it to me for $99.

Insulted I went to a closer ATT store and told them my predicament and they offered it for free but I had to call ATT phone support from the store to confirm. The phone support person finally approved it and sent it overnight mail and its SO worth it.

My dbm signal went from on a good day -109 to -42 in my office and -60 upstairs in the farthest room from the microcell.

10. surfkw macrumors member

Verizon

I bought and used a Verizon network extender off of ebay for $75 and it worked great. I got the older version that does not support data because if I am in range of the signal then I am in range of my wireless and you have to pay for data over 3G (even though it's your internet data), lame. range is limited but worked great out in the country where I didn't get any signal. You do need GPS signal though.

11. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

I have to try this, my AT&T service in my last 3 apartments have been horrible.