Has anyone managed to get iCloud Photo Library to sync since the data wipe last night

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by BrettDS, Jul 7, 2014.

1. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

So as expected, when I woke up this morning IPL was broken. I could still see all of my images on all of my devices because they still had the local copy of the thumbnail, but if I tried to open the high resolution version of an image that wasn't originally taken on that device then I would just get a little exclamation mark.

So, I disabled IPL, then re-enabled it on my devices and never got any error messages (In the settings app it just says that the last sync was one minute ago) and when I go into photos I get the spinning sync arrows for a second or two, but it never actually syncs.

I've tried restarting the devices as well, but still no syncing. I'm thinking at this point that they may be blocking beta 2 from syncing and we'll need to wait for beta 3, but I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issue.

Thanks,
    Brett

2. alezano macrumors member

I'm not a developer, but it is very likely that they stopped sync for beta 2 and will only re enable it with beta 3. Otherwise, this wipe IMO wouldnt make any sense.

3. The Flying Kite, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014

The Flying Kite macrumors regular

IPL is not syncing for me on beta 3 on my iPad. It says, "Sync in progress" with the option to pause the sync, but it never actually syncs.

Edit: I turned IPL off and back on (which I had already done before having made this post), and now it says "Last synced 1 minute ago," which is what I would have expected it to say. However, it still has yet to sync anything.

Edit: False alarm; it finally synced. :)

4. BrettDS thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, the sync seems to be going, but very slowly. It took a couple attempts of turning IPL off and on again and a couple restarts but eventually I got it started. My iPad (which only had two photos on it) synced pretty quickly, but my phone is still going several hours later (even though it's only got 50 or 60 photos). I'm not sure if it's broken or just slow.

After these two devices finish I'll try syncing the rest of my library which has several thousand photos.