Has anyone moved from their iPhone 6 Plus to an iPhone 6s Plus and was it worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hieveryone, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

I currently have the 6 Plus. I was thinking about upgrading to the 6s Plus.

Can anyone tell me their experience and whether or not there are significant benefits?

Is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks.

2. LLL1424 Contributor

LLL1424

It really is worth the upgrade. It's so much faster then the 6 plus and 3D Touch just gives you a whole different experience. It might look the same but camera is also spectacular. Go for it!!

3. HEK, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

I did and I'm very satisfied. It all boils down to spending ability. Either choice makes sense, as the 6 plus is a great phone.

I love the better speed, double the RAM memory, the camera, 3D Touch. And the always on Siri is a treat. Battery wise I am finding my 6s plus is lasting longer. Am sure partly because battery in 6 plus was a year old with well over 300 charge cycles.

3D Touch takes a few days to adjust to, as does the instant print recognition of ID Touch. Either choice you make won't be wrong. Be sure to try the content blocking feature in iOS 9 Safari. The ad and tracking blockers really bring back the original internet experience. Speed is now phenomenal, data consumption drastically less. 1blocker, purity, and crystal are my favorite blockers.

4. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

2 gb of ram , 7000 series aluminium, faster touch id, 3d touch, a9 processor, better camera

Seals it for me

5. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

Yes hey Siri is probably for me the most compelling reason. When I drive it would especially useful. And yes content blockers are a true Blessing!!!

6. mazdamiata210 macrumors 6502

7. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yep, definitely worth the upgrade. Had the 6 Plus (will keep it as a back up tho), upgraded to the 6S Plus and glad I did.

8. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

It really depends on how you use your phone on a daily basis. All I use my 6+ for is a phone, retrieve email, texting, occasional browsing, and a lot of heavy streaming (music/video). My main needs on my 6+ are streaming and my UDP. I don't turn on wifi, so my battery efficiency good enough to get me 17+ hours usage and a day and a half standby on a full charge when on my normal heavy usage. Longer if I don't I use as a phone. I average +-40gb of data cycle so I mainly stream. I don't have a single game app on my phone... so I have no need for a faster processor. Gaming is played strictly on my gaming PC rig and consoles. That's where my interests are... if I had big tech money to spend, it would go straight into my gaming rig PC upgrade/builds... not a phone. However, I can relate to why iPhone owners who want the latest and greatest iPhone... I feel the same way when I want to update my PC rig.

9. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

If the 6+ had 2GB of RAM and a faster processor then I would have stuck with it until the iPhone 7, but sadly it was underspecced and inadequate from the get-go.
    The 6S+ is everything the 6+ should have been. I need a phone that keeps applications and web browser tabs in memory, doesn't freeze up, and doesn't crash for fun. I didn't upgrade for 3D Touch, a better camera or a pink colourscheme. I upgraded for functionality and performance.

So heck yes, it's worth it to swap from the 6+ to the 6S+. It's the best iPhone ever and the sooner people forget the massively disappointing 6+, the better.

10. darknyt macrumors 6502a

11. karmatourer, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015

karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

I read an article that said this was the most significant "S" upgrade yet. Can't judge,mine doesn't arrive until Tuesday.

12. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

I have owned every iphone since the 4s including the 6s plus , and yea it the best for me

13. Vixenmd macrumors newbie

Vixenmd

Yes. I am on att 12 so I traded in the 6 plus for the 6 s plus. I had gotten the silver version in 128 but swapped it yesterday for a 6s plus 128 im rose gold. Mainly to match my new rose gold 38 mm Apple Watch.
    On the phone totally worth the ungrade speed, forced touch, faster touch id, better camera. And now the color:)

14. ostrykolesz macrumors member

I moved up from a 6. Get a 6S+ just for the speed...

15. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

If your spending the car payment money then no, if the hit on selling your 6+ isn't a problem then go for it.

16. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

I upgraded from a 6 Plus and really wasn't planning to, but my husband broke his 5 and he needed a new phone, and he always gets the hand-me-down because he doesn't care what he uses.

I was not expecting it to be much different, but WHOA! It's so much faster. And the camera, and the touch force, and the live photos...I'm having the best time with this phone.

It feels like a vastly different phone than my 6 Plus, which he dropped after one week, btw. Luckily the large crack across the screen was only on the glass screen protector. Underneath the screen was perfect. Whew! A new screen protector was put on that evening, and an Otterbox Defender case is on order, lol.

UPGRADE! You won't be sorry!

17. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Bet he drops it again, harder this time so he can get an "s" phone too. :)

18. joy_ng macrumors member

I wanted band 12 and rose gold. The rest of the upgrades are icing on the cake for me. With the discover 10% cash back it made it palatable for me to switch.

19. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

A waste of money unless you must have a phone if you've lost or damaged yours.

We have both, therefore I speak from experience. I happily bought the bright pink for my wife and daughter as that was a color issue. My 6 Plus serves me well and it's the upcoming 7 that may be the one I want.

20. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Well I and others in this thread speak from experience of owning both too but I guess if you're not a multitasker or heavy web user, and you don't require any speed increase, you won't notice a huge difference. The 6+ was a (complete) waste of money, not the 6S+. I would still have my 6+ if it wasn't rubbish. I lost £250 on the trade but I'm finally happy with my phone again as it works properly and does what I expect it to do.

21. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

You know what they say about assuming... you are very very wrong.
    I am a very heavy user of the smartphones I own. I've used my wifes pink 6S Plus extensively for comparison and it's just not anything that excites me. More of the same with some gee whiz features is all. Besides I don't need max performance from my iPhone 6 Plus.

Why? My Nexus 6 is far superior for multitasking as Android phones truly are, that's why it's my primary smartphone.

80% of my work is traveling, flying from city to city in the USA and abroad, therefore a smartphone is essential. Constantly in airports and environments where I have a few minutes here and there, it's a pain to pull out my new MacBook instead my Nexus does the job very well.

22. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

How'd you get 10%

23. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I'm not saying that you aren't a multitasker or heavy web user, just that you plainly don't do it on the 6+. If you did then you would instantly notice how inferior it is to the 6S+.

24. CEmajr macrumors 601

It's worth it for the speed alone. The 6 Plus was terrible for multitasking and web browsing while the 6s plus blows away everything else in the market in terms of performance and speed. I can't praise it enough.

25. joy_ng macrumors member

If you use Apple Pay with your discover card to pay for the phone you get 10% cash back.