Has anyone noticed Coverflow in iTunes 7.4.2 has a memory leak? or is this just me?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hankolerd, Oct 2, 2007.

1. hankolerd macrumors 6502

hankolerd

I have noticed that viewing album artwork through coverflow on the newest version of iTunes takes up about 2mb of memory per album, i have 2gb of ram, and my computer started slowing way down, so i launched activity monitor, and it said itunes was using 1.36Gb of ram. I quit it and relaunched, and everytime i changed songs the amount of ram it was using went up about 2mb for each new album artwork picture that it loaded, but if you went to a song in the same cd, it didn't go up at all, i monitored it for about an hour and at the end of the hour it was at about 350mb of memory used. is this just on my computer? now i just am using the classic view and it doesn't use ram abnormally at all.
    NOTE: 1.36Gb of RAM, not virtual memory, when it was using 1.36Gb of RAM it was using nearly 10Gb of virtual memory.
    I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing this???:apple:

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

yeah, 7.4 really screwed up the speed of cover flow on my G4's. I haven't heard of anyone else stating a possible problem till now though.