Has anyone ordered the unlocked 4s for use in a country where it has not launched yet

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mr3cho, Nov 14, 2011.

1. mr3cho macrumors newbie

Has anyone ordered the unlocked 4s for use in a country where it has not launched yet?

I just moved to Thailand a year a go and been holding out to upgrade from the 3GS for a while now. I want to order the 4s from the US and have my sis send it to me. I should be able to use it with the carriers here without issue. Is that correct?

However how well will SIRI and iCloud work in a market for which it has not launched? For example if I asked, "Siri find me an italian restaurant"...I'm not should Siri will have adequate geo location data for this area.

And what about iCloud? Would it use iCloud colos in the Asia-pacific area? Is that how it works?

2. zign macrumors 6502

zign

It's unlocked, so it's no different to any other phone.

Siri will only work properly in US.

3. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

i bought it from England and i am currently using it in Pakistan! and it is factory unlocked and i can use any sim with it! and Siri wont be able to find you a resturant or any places outside USA! as it is currently in Beta and it can only find places in USA! and iCloud works flawlessly! i take any pic from my 4s and it is streamed to my iphone 4 and the ipad 2 and my mac! and same goes for apps!!!

4. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Yes. We ordered a dozen phones already. Apple will not ship overseas though, so you have to ship to someone in the US