Has anyone paired 2 watches to 1 phone?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Macsta, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Macsta macrumors member

Macsta

I just did it and it works perfectly! Took about an hour and half from updating to iOS 9.3 and watchOS 2.2 to updating and pairing the watch.

2. swarlos macrumors 6502

swarlos

With the ability to change bands I don't know why having 2 watches is necessary.

3. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I have a Space Black. Just ordered a Gold Sport for a different look. No one needs 2 watches. Some people like to accessorize for different occasions. It is a fashion accessory after all. Many poeple had 2 or more watches before Apple entered the market.

Anyway looks like on Thursday I can pair a 2nd watch to my phone.

BTW, does it transver the move/exercise/stand data between the watches when you switch from wearing one to the other?

4. Ancandis macrumors member

Ancandis

5. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I thought of another reason for a 2nd watch too. I use mine a lot and it needs to be charged more nights than it does not. But can't it also help track your sleep patterns? Having a 2nd will let me switch at bed time and wear it while I am sleeping.

Yeah, I'm a data who__.

6. Macsta thread starter macrumors member

Macsta

This is exactly why I have 2 watches and was so happy when Apple added this to watchOS 2.2.

7. Bigdog9586 macrumors regular

One for each arm?

8. Jvjlite macrumors regular

Jvjlite

I gold plated my 1st one, a few months later I bought another SS on eBay. Sometimes I wear gold jewelry, other times silver. I updated my iPhone to 9.3 yesterday, then updated watch #1 to 2.2. When I attempted to pair watch #2 to my iPhone, I kept getting message saying that the watch needed to be updated to 2.2. When I tried to get the update, it wouldn't download, wheel just kept spinning. I finally paired watch #2 w/my husband's iPhone>updated it to 2.2>unpaired it>then paired it to my iPhone. This process worked. My iPhone identifies which watch I put on each time I change watches.

9. tonoboon macrumors regular

tonoboon

10. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Do things like the activity/stand rings update from one Watch to the other? I am really hoping so.

11. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

I have a SS AW and have considered someday getting a colored metal sport watch so can see that being a nice possibility.

12. swarlos macrumors 6502

swarlos

That's true, didn't think of that.

13. Jvjlite macrumors regular

Jvjlite

Yes, when I go to my activity rings for March on my iPhone, using Apple Watch #2 (which I haven't used for months), all my activity rings are showing up. They are showing up for all months that I was wearing my Apple Watch #1, on my Apple Watch #2, if that makes sense.

14. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Yes, I understand.

Can anyone confirm though that you could wear a Sport for an AM workout, then switch to a SS and wear it all day and the combined results will show up on either watch?

I.e. Sport would have only 1 or 2 stand hours but lost of active calories and lots of exercise minutes.
    SS would record many more stand hours and more ative/exercise plus presumably many more steps.

15. Jvjlite macrumors regular

Jvjlite

Not sure if this is what you mean, but I tried an experiment this morning. I put on watch #1 & did normal exercises this am, then switched to watch #2 & checked the activity rings on it. They matched the ones that were on watch #1 before I removed it. No loss of stand/move/exercise or calories burned, steps taken, etc. Watch #2 continues to record my activities. Hope this answers your question.

16. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Exactly what I was hoping for! Thanks!

And my 2nd watch just arrived an hour ago. I updated it to 2.2 and it is now pairing with my phone.

17. Voragon macrumors member

Voragon