Has anyone played Call of Duty(1) on bootcamp?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Shadowspirit6, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Shadowspirit6 macrumors regular

I am just wondering for those who have played Call of duty(1) on Bootcamp(windows XP)...how does it run?

Does it run natively like how it does on an actual computer that has XP built in it straight from the beginning? What is your average FPS (hopefully 150+ frames if possible)? and one other major question...is there lag?

Im wondering about this because i was thinking of getting bootcamp and im a really big fan of CoD(1).

thanks in advance!

2. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Yes, Windows on a Mac is like Windows on any other computer. Any Intel Mac will max out settings in Call of Duty.

3. hbt15 macrumors member

Yes, Running COD4 on Bootcamp with Vista and runs amazingly well. Very high detail easily achieved.

MBP 2.4ghz
    4GB RAM (Windows will only recognise 3)
    250GB HD
    8600M
    Leopard 10.5.1

4. Tommy Tallarico macrumors member

Tommy Tallarico

Yes, Windows on a Mac is native Windows. There is no difference between a PC and a Mac when running Windows in Boot Camp.

I also think you may be a bit confused. Boot Camp is built into Leopard. So when you say "I was thinking of getting Boot Camp," are you talking about just installing Windows on your Mac for the first time, getting Leopard, or were you thinking of virtualization options like Parallels or Fusion (neither of which run games well at all)?

5. Shadowspirit6 thread starter macrumors regular

I was thinking of getting Leopard and XP(still deciding if i should get XP Home, Professional or Vista, although I havent looked much into Vista yet)

One last quick question, Will multiplayer be flawless? I heard about the internet disconnects if the computer sits idle for over 10 minutes.
    Since multiplayer is usually what I play for CoD1

6. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

I prefer XP - I'm more used to it and it's been out longer so its more stable I suppose. The advantage of Vista is you can use DirectX 10 which is prettier than DX9 (in xp). But only newer games will take advantage of that I think.

Your computer shouldnt disconnect you. Besides if you are gaming then your computer wont be idle!

7. JoanaGamer macrumors newbie

Intersting

Guys, thanks a lot for the information, I will surely try this game now.