Has anyone preordered from bestbuy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kyomagi, Sep 13, 2012.

1. kyomagi macrumors member

I have pre ordered games and such from BB, but never a phone. Can i expect a long line for the iphone 5 pre order?

2. nowstime macrumors regular

I plan to do a pre order through best buy since I have a $50 "Choose Phone Freedom" registered. And also I get rewards zone points.

My only concern is that they might not be competent as Apple or AT&T when handling the upgrade. Also worried they might not have enough on launch day.

Sorry I couldn't answer your question. I also curious about Best Buy's pre-orders...

3. kyomagi thread starter macrumors member

Its cool. I honestly cant see them having a large line where i live.

4. jcastillo20059 macrumors member

I have always preordered from Best Buy and I love it!!! I go to a Best Buy with low foot traffic and they do first come first serve there with appointment times. I went on my lunch break last year at 12:30 and on the launch date my appointment time was at 10:30 with no line. Plus I have platinum rewards so its always double the points.

5. DemonsMaster macrumors newbie

Is Best Buy likely to do pre-orders online starting at 12:01am PST the 14th? I'm not sure when they opened up pre-orders for the 4 or the 4S but I did wait in line for the 4 the morning it released and got lucky enough to snag one of the last ones. Hoping to just pre-order asap so I can take advantage of the $50 upgrade the above poster mentioned (signed up for it just for the 5!) and also the RZ certs I have.

Or will I have to wait for the store to open tomorrow morning? That doesn't seem so bad unless theres a lot of people in line.

6. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I have pre-ordered from Best Buy for my iPhone 4 and 4S the last 2 years. Everything went perfectly. My local store didn't open early for it so I just went at the normal opening time and it's usually me and maybe 1 or 2 other people. Actually I saw the same guy both times. I paid them $50 up front then went back when they opened on launch day and picked it up. Never had a problem.

7. DemonsMaster macrumors newbie

Just called my Best Buy and they will be doing pre-orders once they open. Not sure how early is too early to line up but I'm hoping there isn't a line the night before.

8. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Another smooth experience at Best Buy. The only difference this year is that there were actually a few people lined up when I got there. But only 5 or so.

9. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

I was first in line at my local Best Buy, pretty painless, and im just waiting for next Friday!!! I got an AT&T White 16 gig btw!

----------

I also did this as well, feels good to get it $50 cheaper than others buying elsewhere!