Has anyone received a 5K iMac from the online store after Nov 10?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Thorf13, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Thorf13 macrumors member

In the interests of trying to work out what's behind the delays fulfilling new iMac 5K orders, please post if you have received a new iMac from Apple's online store after November 10th. It would be very helpful if you could share your order date and delivery date, along with what configuration you ordered —*base model or customised, plus whatever customisation options you chose.

All the reports of delays so far have been from people who have ordered customised 5K iMacs, and all of those have the i7 and the M295X. It looks as if no orders for 5K iMacs with these options have shipped since around November 8th, and no orders made later than October 29th have been filled. But since only people who have had their shipments delayed are likely to post, I'm asking for your help.

Thanks!

2. Track40 macrumors member

Track40

I finally reached "Preparing for Shipment" stage, for the second and hopefully final time.

Ordered on Oct 30.
    4.0GHz i7 / 8gb ram / 512gb SSD / 295x
    Expedited Ship.
    USA

3. triscuitbiscuit macrumors member

I have similar to you. Same order date, but still expected delivery on December 4th

4. Georgio macrumors 6502

Georgio

Hopefully for you guys they're sticking in better GPU's, hence the delay... ;)

5. AppleInLVX macrumors 6502a

AppleInLVX

Where do we write to complain? Apple didn't hold up its end of the agreement. If I'm blowing this kind of cash, I expect to at least be compensated for the delay in some way.

6. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Are you serious? You want to be compensated?

Apple hasn't taken your money yet and they won't charge you until it is ready to ship. Sure, it totally stinks to have to wait this long...but trust me, I'm sure Apple doesn't want it to take this long either. If you absolutely don't want to wait, then cancel your order and buy a different computer system. It's really is as simple as that.

Bryan

7. AppleInLVX macrumors 6502a

AppleInLVX

Only semi-serious. Much of that is simple disappointment on my part. I know that schmidt happens.

But truthfully, when you order something and are given a time line that then changes literally the day before you were to take delivery, that's a hell of an inconvenience. What if I'd sold my old computer based on their promised delivery time?

They set the time line, and then didn't follow through. Do you think for a minute Apple would still ship the computer if I told them "yeah, you'll get the money in two weeks from now... I had an "unexpected delay" in funds caused by some damned thing I'm not telling you."

I suppose the argument is as you say--if I don't like it, cancel and go elsewhere. But you have to admit, the pain points are all on me. Apple cares less if I cancel than I care if they don't ship.

8. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Oh I understand the pain and can totally sympathise with having to wait longer than expected. I didn't realize that you're original comments were tongue-in-cheek.

Hang in there and I hope it arrives soon! It's worth the wait!!

Cheers,
    Bryan

9. Track40 macrumors member

Track40

I just got a ship confirm with tracking number. coming via FedEx out of Shanghai. Shipped on 11/20. Delivery scheduled for Tues, 11/25.

original order placed on 10/30.
    4GHz i7 / 8gb ram / 512gb ssd / 295x

Just checked... and the unit shows up in my Support Profile now.