Has Anyone Recently Upgraded Their VZW Line to an iPhone? (Website Issue)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bperrella, Apr 6, 2011.

1. bperrella macrumors regular

I'm trying to upgrade an existing Blackberry account (secondary line on family plan) to an iPhone 4 on VZW, but when I get to the screen that shows all of the upgrades "Apple" and the "iOS" options are grayed out. The site shows all of the other phones that Verizon offers, but not the iPhone. I tried this on two different Verizon accounts and both yielded the same result... I also tried to go to verizonwireless.com/iphone but when I added the iPhone to cart while logged in to the account it just took me back to the Verizon home page. I would rather order from Verizon because of the free overnight shipping as opposed to the 2-3 day on the Apple site. Thanks!

2. bperrella thread starter macrumors regular

Anybody? it can't just be me.. I've tried on two different Verizon accounts and on a PC, aMac, and an iPad...

3. njaremka macrumors 6502

i'm sure if you go to a walk-in store, they will have what you want in stock. they will also be able to tell you if you have any restrictions on your account.

4. herkyMD macrumors newbie

I get the same thing. I'm on my parent's family account and can't upgrade through My Verizon Wireless. I did some searching and found out how you can do it tho.

1) Go to www.verizonwireless.com
    2) Move cursor over Phones & Devices so the drop bar opens and click on iPhone.
    3) Click on Order Now on whichever model you want (16GB or 32GB)
    4) Click Add to Cart for whichever model you want
    5) Popup will come up and click on Upgrade your Device

Follow the rest of the instructions to log into your account and you should be good to go.

If this doesn't work for you I would suggest calling customer support and they can surely help you.

5. bperrella thread starter macrumors regular

This worked! No idea why they don't just treat it like a normal upgrade... Thanks a lot!

6. herkyMD macrumors newbie

No problem. Glad I could help.