Has anyone seen their battery randomly go UP since 5.1 update?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Leonard1818, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Nov 15, 2011
    Twice now since the update this has happened. My battery will randomly go up a couple percent. Anyone else? Not complaining.... Just asking really
  2. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Jul 17, 2010
    I'm pretty sure Apple messed around with the indicator. i.e. show more than is there and sometimes it shows less than is there.
  3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Oct 18, 2011
    Planet iPhone
    Haven't seen this happen on mine. Have you fully drained your battery and then fully charged it?
  4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jul 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Oh really? You have proof of this?
  5. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Jul 17, 2010
    Well I literally watched my phone fall from 60% to 57% in the time it took me to scroll from page 1 to page 2 of the home screen. I'm recalibrating but it was really weird.
  6. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

Feb 3, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    I notice that if I restart my phone, otherwise it doesn't do it. This has always been the case for me though even on iOS 3.
  7. Leonard1818 thread starter macrumors 68020

Nov 15, 2011
    I am going to fully drain my battery now (if it will ever die).

I'm at 58% and I'm at:

4h 20m usag
    1day 1h standby.

At this rate, it won't even die until mid-day tomorrow... I'm going to try today to kill it by listening to music all day. I tried to drain it all the way right after the update but after over a day and a half I was JUST approaching ~20% and I HAD to charge it (for safety lol).

I will let it FULLY die this time and charge it back up. I don't have extremely high hopes however since I too am under the impression that Apple pulled a fast one on us and simply changed the way the battery reports percentages to give the illusion that we have *better* battery life...