Has anyone seen this exact rendition of iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sulpfiction, Sep 12, 2011.

1. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I know I have seen mock ups that closely resemble this one, but I don't think I've seen this exact one. Please forgive me if this is old news, but I posted it because I really like the design (assuming it would have a tapered, aluminum back just like iPad 2).

Would you be happy with this? I think I would.

Attached Files:

2. Uln4321 macrumors regular

i don't think I've ever seen this one either but I really like it :D

3. sulpfiction thread starter macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I have seen so many mock-ups that I can't keep track of all of them. But for some reason this one looked different...Which is why I posted it. I usually wouldn't post old news mock-up photos. So no flaming!

The photo is courtesy of some sprint banner.

4. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I like it a lot! Unfortunately if the news on page one is to be believed, iPhone 5 will resemble the current phone in more ways than one.

5. sulpfiction thread starter macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I just can't see it happening...Apple cannot be that stupid. No one wants a refreshed iPhone 4. It's beautiful and all, but people want to see something new. Not to mention that 90% of consumers when shopping for a new iPhone, will see the cheaper iphone 4 next to a more expensive iphone 5 (or 4s) and not see any difference. And if they look exactly the same, most will opt for the cheaper one. It has been proven that design sells just as much as anything else. And there are a ton of people who buy phones based on looks alone, and really have no clue or care about what's inside.

I think a refreshed iphone 4 will hurt apples sales TREMENDOUSLY! And I think Apple knows that. They want to sock this one out of the park and another iphone 4 (or something very similar) just won't do it.

If this is what Apple is planning to do, they picked a terrible time to change the product cycle and make us wait 16 months. Now more then ever, people are expecting something huge. They have given people an extra 4 months to start all these rumors and speculations. Had they launched a refreshed iphone 4S in June, I don't think people would be as irate (even though I still would have been). But now with all the rumors, hype, etc. I think Apple fans worldwide will be totally furious.

I know my expectations have gone way up since there was no mention of an iphone at wwdc. To the point that I know I am going to be let down in one way or the other. But I am ok with that as long as they give me something new and exciting. On the other hand, if i get another iphone 4 with a better camera and a faster processor, I will NOT be getting one. And I am sure there are millions of others feeling the same way. And I just can't see Apple wanting to risk losing millions of sales. Just my $.02.

6. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

7. sulpfiction thread starter macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I can't tell if this version has an actual indented home button or not, but I think if the front was TOTALLY flat with a capacitive home button it would look awesome!!

8. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

9. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Funny, I've been thinking that about the Mac Pro cases since I bought my Power Mac back in '03.

10. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yes, I have.

11. sulpfiction thread starter macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Not a fair comparison at all.

12. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

13. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

Conceptually I concur with your train of thought, but the 3G and 3GS were identical in design and similar infeatures and the 3GS sold very well.

If we follow the sam epattern, Apple could easily issue a 4S and in 6-9 montsh release an iPhone 5 and still make a mint.

Perhaps the 4S is aimed more at NEW iPhone customers and Apple followers who must upgrade. For many original iPhone 4 contarcts it might not even qualify for a subsidized phone. With the rumor Sprint and others may have it, this may be a stop gap for the holiday season to get sales for new carriers and those that rush out and buy the latest.

I am sure Apple wants the revolutuonary 5 to have LTE which by all accounts seems 1Q to 2Q 2012.

So it is very plausible the 4S will be aimed more at Sprint and new users and the iPhone 5 will be announced in Jan/Feb shipping later in the year.