Has anyone switched back from the IP6 to the IP5/IP5s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ceviche Lover, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Ceviche Lover macrumors regular

I upgraded to an IP6 when it came out but Im sitting here using my old IP5 and just really love the way it feels in my hand. After using the IP6 for so long the IP5 sort of feels like an IPhone mini. I used to always use my IP5 with a case but since it is now my backup phone I'm actually considering getting Verizon to switch my phone back to it and just boxing up my IP6 until I decide to use it again. I love the way the IP5 feels without a case and since I also have my IP6 I don't really have to protect/worry about scuffing it up.

Has anyone does this?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Never done that; and I've had all iPhones since 2007... :cool:

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The screen on my iPhone 5s was just too small for me. After I switched to the 6+ there was no going back.

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I kind of miss my 5S from time to time and hold my wife's phone for old times sake. I was contemplating selling the 6 and getting a used 5S but I don't wanna give up Apple pay.

5. aicul macrumors 6502a

In my view:

The form factor of the iP4 was the best (but not the weight).

The iP5 is the only iP I broke as the form factor made it fall from my hands.

The iP6 is larger and this forces a different hold so it does not fall. I love the light-weight feel.

Overall I think iP6 is to iP5 what iP4 was to iP3.

What I really miss (and only available to iP4, 4s, 5, 5s) is the ability to stand it on the table on its edge.

But thats my personal take.

6. yjchua95 macrumors 604

I've every iPhone since the original one came out (mind you, all of them still work), and I still use my iPhone 5s for nostalgia. It feels more iPhone-ish than all other iPhones somehow.

That said, I wouldn't give up my 6 and 6+.

7. nordique macrumors 6502a

I did, but my reasoning was that for my personal tastes and usage, the 6 wasn't a big enough jump for me. I primarily valued the screen size and battery life the most but the 5/5S still work well. I think the 6 is a great phone. But I haven't missed it much, and it wasn't a big enough leap over the 5S for me personally to be able to justify the grand I spend on it so I got as much money back as I could for it while it's still a hot phone on the market.

Everyone will have different opinions and reasoning and I think the 6 is a great phone. Very high build quality and light weight. Never ran out of the battery in a day. But it wasn't for me in the end