Has anyone switched from the AW2 to the Apple Watch Nike+?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by fezzzer, Nov 14, 2016.

1. fezzzer macrumors member

As the title says - has anyone switched from the Apple Watch Series 2 to the Nike edition? If so, what was your motivation?

I made the change purely because I wanted the strap that comes with the Nike Watch and wasn't prepared to pay in excess of £100 (~$125) just for the strap.

I only lost £22 on the sale of my watch which for a 6 week old watch wasn't too bad imo.

2. kissfan macrumors regular

kissfan

I bought a knock-off strap from China for $11 that's looks the same and fits well.

[​IMG]

3. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

I wouldn't say I 'switched' ... but I now have the Nike+ and my wife has the AW2 Sport - and she loves hers, so it isn't going anywhere, and I thoroughly enjoy mine as well.

4. deeddawg, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016

deeddawg macrumors 604

There are other threads with examples, but note that it seems the ebay clone Nike+ straps are often distinctly inferior in fit & finish. While that may not be important to some folks, it is important to others.

5. woodynorman macrumors 6502

I dig my $12 Chinese Nike band. Feels and looks OEM to me. Maybe a little thinner but otherwise impossible to tell the difference

6. Long Run Nick macrumors regular

I am seriously considering giving my AW2 to one of my grandsons and getting the Nike edition. I didn't want to wait for it. I got a $10.99 knock off black/volt band and have no complaints. I like the watch faces and want the 42 mm. Also I am a pretty avid runner with over 85,6xx miles run.
    Currently no black/ volt available. I am considering getting the space grey/black and would then buy a knock off black/volt band. I suffer from immediate gratification of wants:)

7. tmiles81 macrumors member

Shouldn't you buy one for each of your grandchildren.... ;)

8. tromboneaholic macrumors 6502a

tromboneaholic

Series 1 with knock-off Nike+ band here. No complaints.

9. Long Run Nick macrumors regular

Geez, you sound like my wife. Actually, the choice is easy. Three grandsons. The oldest recently graduated from Auburn University and has a job. He can pay for his own.:) The other 2 are in high school. One told me he never wears a watch. It comes down to the other grandson- the only runner:) Nick