Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Have you taken the day off or taken a half day off

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

djransom

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Just put in my request for a half day. I was going to leave about an hour or two early, but decided to put some of this vacation time to use and just took a half day. I'll scope out Best Buy afterwards.

gregruns

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2011
I got Friday off and my plan is to go check the store at 10 am and if there's no activity, return at noon and get in line...I'm thinking there will probably be some kind of a line by noon.

djransom

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I got Friday off and my plan is to go check the store at 10 am and if there's no activity, return at noon and get in line...I'm thinking there will probably be some kind of a line by noon.

That's why I decided to just take a half day @ work and leave @ noon to check out the activity.

Pete the Geek

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2011
Sioux Lookout
In Canada iPad 2 is being realeased on Friday, March 25th and I have booked the day off because the nearest Apple Store is a 5 hour drive! The trip will be a mini-vacation.

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
I took the day off :)

I'll go by my Apple Store when I'm up and ready and if there is a decent line or if there is no line (making me first), then I'll stay. I am sure there will be at least one or two people who stay the night there, though, so my hopes are being first are pretty silly. Otherwise I might come back around lunch.

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Day off was requested as soon as I knew about the date. Too much to do on that day to be bothered by that work stuff. And a paid day as well so that works for me...

HeatherA

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
Friday is my normal day off so was excited to have all day to play with my new iPad... then Apple had to go ruin it with a 5pm launch. Now I'll be up half the night futzing with the dang thing. Haha

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm pretty sad. :eek:

I sheduled iPad 2 release day off as soon as I realized there was no online pre-order. Interestingly enough, I was at home, having taken a sick day just so that I could watch the iPad 2 keynote live. (Though I had to just monitor the blogs as it was not shown live.) I then talked the wife into taking the day off as well.

So ya I'm one sick pup. :apple:

peaceActivist

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
I wish i could take the day off or a half day on Friday but the office I work in is pretty small and they're all tech heads. They know its coming out on Friday, so any and all requests for this friday or not valid lol.

Also, they have the first iPad and don't want me to 1up them. heh.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I took the day off, but mostly because I have errands to run. That doesn't mean I won't be checking up on the local stores in case one of the put them on the shelves early.

tek210

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
I have also taken Friday afternoon off to be sure I don't get stuck at work. This is also the start of my every friday afternoon off that runs from now till sometime in September. I highly recommend taking off Friday afternoons thru the summer. Have been doing it for a few years now.

xraydoc

macrumors demi-god
Oct 9, 2005
I was scheduled for Friday afternoon off several weeks before the iPad 2 release date was announced. Lucky me.

JoJoCal19

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yup, used a "personal day". Besides, I needed a day off. Its already almost half way through March and I've used 1 vaca day this whole year. Usually I've run through about a week and a half by this point :D

JoJoCal19

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I wish i could take the day off or a half day on Friday but the office I work in is pretty small and they're all tech heads. They know its coming out on Friday, so any and all requests for this friday or not valid lol.

Also, they have the first iPad and don't want me to 1up them. heh.

That's shady. I would never work somewhere where my vaca requests rely on the whims of management and they would deny due to my reason for taking off. :( I guess I have it lucky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.