iMac Pro Has anyone taken in their iMac Pro to have the memory upgraded?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by nguyenhm16, Mar 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. nguyenhm16 macrumors newbie

Just curious if anyone has taken theirs to an Apple Store or authorized service provider, and what the process was like. Did you just walk in with your iMac Pro, some RDIMMs, and leave it with them? Do you have to buy their RAM?

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Apple does not do hardware upgrades via their store. Authorized service providers might though.

3. Glockworkorange macrumors 65816

Glockworkorange

I think it would be kind of early for RAM upgrades. I can't imagine this is a pleasant process....

4. nguyenhm16 thread starter macrumors newbie

I got my base model at Micro Center for that unbeatable price. Only thing I’d want is more RAM. Not that I’d do it right now, given currently prices for DRAM. Was just curious.

5. joema2 macrumors 68000

joema2

What is the basis for this statement? This article says both Apple retail stores and 3rd party service providers will do iMac Pro memory upgrades: https://www.macrumors.com/2017/12/14/imac-pro-ram-upgrade-apple/

The logic board on my iMac Pro just failed and it's being replaced by a technician at my local Apple store. It seems if they can replace an entire logic board they could easily upgrade the memory.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

Other people have tried to get upgrades in the past. However, withthe new iMac Pros apple will do memory upgrades (new), but not the SSD or anything else