Has anyone tried the Otterbox Defender with the new 3GS phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by entraik, Jun 23, 2009.

1. entraik macrumors 6502a

Does the screen still leave a watermark effect with the new iphone screen?

Also, does camera picture quality degrade since there's a piece of plastic in front of it thats built into the hard shell layer?

Thanks.

2. Ironworker808 macrumors regular

Yes the screen leaves a watermark, but a small blast of baby powder will get rid of them. Just hold the screen protector ABOVE the baby powder and squeeze the bottle, causing a small puff of powder to rise up into the film.

No, there is no decrease in picture quality.

3. entraik thread starter macrumors 6502a

do you have to apply more pressure then usual on the touch screen and is there any lag present?

4. Ironworker808 macrumors regular

No to both!

5. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I have the Defender case on my 32GB and it works really well. No problems with screen sensitivity at all. I did the baby powder trick as well. The other common complaint for the Defender case is that those on the other end can hear an echo when you speak. I found that I have this if I hold my hand down by the mic, but if I hold the phone higher up on the phone (i.e. up near the apple logo) and keep the heel of my hand away from the mic, no echo is present at all.

6. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

I have one on my 3GS as well and it works just fine with no problems what so ever on screen sensitivity through the membrane.

This baby powder trick. Is it done on the inside of the case before you put your iPhone in or afterwards on the OUTSIDE of the film?

7. Ironworker808 macrumors regular

On the inside before you put the iPhone in.

8. disRUPtors macrumors member

disRUPtors

I am also a otterbox defender user. I really like this case. Yes, there is a watermark effect. The funny thing is I had forgotten about it until I started reading this thread.

9. daitalianjob macrumors regular

i have this case and i must say it is amazing. i also have a Power Support Anti Glare screen protector on my iphone 3gs's screen and THERE IS NO WATERMARK FROM THE OTTERBOX. instead of potentially harming your iphone by putting baby powder on it, put the power support anti glare on it and you will no longer have watermark. also, the power support anti glare protector doesnt have that weird feel like other anti glare protectors.

10. Resist macrumors 68030

You don't blast the baby powder. It should be so light that you might not even see the powder in the air. It is so small amount of powder that there is no way any damage could happen.