Has anyone used mail-in service repair for unibodies?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ZMacintosh, May 18, 2009.

1. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

Im curious if anyone has had any experience with using the mail in service repair option with the new unibodies.

I have a 15" that is being sent in this week due to speaker issues and graphic flickering.

they wanted to test the system out maybe look at replacing the graphics/logic board and replacing the audio (as no system sounds, alerts or sound)

the trouble is I already sent in a 2007 15" in to them in january and it was there back and forth for about a months time with issue after issue..coming back with no working audio, bad display, keys no longer illuminated, missing screws and cracked case.

of course im a bit hesitant about it...but in general should it be fine or should I get other options?

thanks!

2. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

The other option would be to take it to an Apple Store.. but if you can't do that, then the mail in service would be the other option.

With that said.. if you decide to send it in, make sure you take DETAILED pictures of your machine before you send it. Make sure you have pictures of your serial number too (take out your battery and take a picture). A video would be even better. <-- this is to make sure that you have proof of the condition of your machine just in case they dent it in the process of the repair.

I got my computer back a week or so ago and they dented my display. I didn't have pictures, but the Customer Relations guy was nice enough to set me up with a replacement.. I got lucky.