Has anyone who wanted the gold now don't .

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DotCom2, Sep 21, 2013.

1. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

If you initially wanted the gold but have now seen it in person, have you decided you don't like it now?

2. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

I still want gold. I actually didn't like the space grey after seeing it in person for some reason. To each their own.

3. ewils19 macrumors 6502

Nope. I wanted the gold since the rumors came out about it. Ordered a 64 GB one online. I dropped by the Apple store yesterday to check it out in person and now I want it more than ever. Its so gorgeous in person. Way better than in pictures!

4. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

When did you get your order in and when are they promising to ship it?

5. tharepairguy macrumors member

I was unsure from the pics online but its a nice, not blingly gold. Impressed with it and the touch id. It's instant. I thought it was going to just be a gimmic...

6. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I was initially very turned off by the gold, but now I'm waiting for it for several reasons: 1) it's much more subtle that I originally imagined, 2) it's probably going to be more rare (at least in the short term), and 3) it's a unique color that Apple's never done before on the iPhone.

7. ewils19 macrumors 6502

Got it in at 2:03 AM CDT Friday morning, its now "Preparing to ship" and is due to be delivered Sept 27-Oct 1.

8. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Saw it in store, didn't want it. Thought it looked like a dog pissed in the snow.

Of course, launch day, my crew bought out all the gold phones we could get our hands on during launch morning, partially out of spite so other people couldn't have them. I think one person sold theirs for a profit. Sue us if you don't like it.

9. Monte2 macrumors newbie

I was initially intrigued by the gold, but after seeing my wife's I'm not a fan...she likes it tho.

Space Gray for me & I love it!

10. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

Sound a bit sour and trollish.

11. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

Cool story, bro.

12. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Kinda want it but I like the silver a bit more. It's subtle in a good way though.

13. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Maybe, but I'm saying straight up, I think the gold iPhone 5s is horrible, looks like garbage. Grey and silver are fantastic, so is the iPhone 5s, great product.

14. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I picked up a 64GB gold iPhone and it looks great. You have to see it in different lighting to appreciate the contrast between the white and gold. I've never had a white iPhone before. I personally really like this one!!