Has anyone worked for or know anyone who has worked at Best Buy?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TH55, Jan 27, 2015.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

I have heard Best Buy can special order many items. Do employees get a discount on items that are not carried in store or on their website? How about items that are available on their website?

2. jnappleseed macrumors member

Employees pay 5% about wholesale cost. Furthermore, employee discount can be used on online purchases. When logging in to bestbuy.com, you'll be asked for your employee number if you have registered your bestbuy.com account within the employee discount widget in ETK.

3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

It's no longer 5% above cost, they changed

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I worked at Best Buy in 2000. That is all of the information I have for you. ;)

5. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

I worked for Best Buy back in 2003. From what I remember it was 5% above cost, but I don't know if it was limited to in-store only.

What I do remember is that I had to get past a probationary period before I could use my discount, to deter people who tried to work there for a week to get a bunch of stuff cheaper.

Also, I remember I had to take a drug test, and the drug testing place was super strict-I'd never done one before and I felt super awkward getting told to keep my hands where they could see them and being forced to pee with the door open.

6. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Me too! What part of the country? Isn't it crazy how different it is now? The place used to be dominated by CDs. Remember PRPs and PSPs? The speaker room? The "video" department? All gone.

7. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I worked in Plano (Dallas), Texas. The store is still there but it was completely gutted and remodeled a few years ago.

I remember having a kid pay for a $50 N64 game in nickels... :rolleyes: :D

8. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Lol. Ya they gutted and remodeled mine a few years ago too. Almost unrecognizable.

9. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Same here. The only thing that looks the same is the outside structure.