Has Apple taken the lead?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lovewd, Sep 17, 2013.

1. lovewd macrumors 6502

lovewd

So I am here to ask a pretty complex question, which is do you think that apple has taken the lead in the smart phone industry? I feel that with iOS 7 they did something that google and every phone company that is using googles software really couldn't. They were able to put the newest software on a 3 year old phone(The iPhone 4). Also, they have just release the first phone to run on a 64-bit thing<------ don't even know what that all is but I know it's better then what iPhones ran on before. Google on the other hand pushed its newest software to only about 10 devices. 10/over 1000. So by planning things well, do you think apple has taken the lead? Or is android still in the lead?

2. Macalway macrumors 68000

What do you mean 'taken' the lead? You must be hallucinating

3. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

We'll see how valuable ios7 on a ip4 is. Ios6 is quite bad on an ip4, very slow and laggy.

4. BSDanalyst macrumors regular

Don't feed the obvious troll..

5. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Apple only produces/releases 1 phone a year, therefore to allow them to release a software compatible with the 4 doesn't mean anything in my opinion. Android is supported over a large range of phones. It could get the update but as one of the other members stated, it probably runs like ****.

6. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

In the lead? I dunno, probably the user experience and being able to offer a better-optimized OS that can perform with 'lesser' hardware.

7. raviluke macrumors member

Android has the lead but look how many phones they release per day? At least 5. iPhone releases one phone a year and it is still second after android so that does mean something. I have an S4 and I still find myself using my iPhone more because of its smoothness and excellent premium user interface.

8. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

iOS 7 will not work on the 4, just the 4s and up!

9. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

iOS 7 is supported by the iPhone 4 and up.

10. LithePanther macrumors 6502

Just not well on the 4.

11. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

My sister has been using the GM release on her iPhone 4 since it came out and she says it feels a lot smoother and better than iOS 6 did.

12. LithePanther macrumors 6502

Hmm. Dunno. It ran slow on my 4 and that seems to be the general consensus. But great that it goes good for you!

13. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

????

They been leading since 2007 in my point of view!

14. mepsi macrumors newbie

15. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Ah that's lame. :/ I don't know first hand because I don't have a 4, hopefully the public release is better to ya then!