Has Applecare given you a new phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nicknicknickh, Sep 29, 2012.

1. nicknicknickh macrumors regular

Have any of you bought a phone then taked it back a few days later because something was wrong? If so did they give you a "refurb" or something that was not in a new iPhone 5 box.

2. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

If your within your return period you can request they replace it with brand new whether you have applecare or not.

3. nicknicknickh thread starter macrumors regular

You have 31 days from purchase correct?

4. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I bought my phone at AT&T and I just noticed there is a big dark spot on my camera lense. It shows up on all my photos. Now I have an Apple appointment but can they replace my phone because it's in the 30 day window even though I got it from AT&T? When I got my phone AT&T said I would have to pay a restocking fee and I want to avoid that but I would rather have a new phone than a refurb.

5. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

There are no refurbs for the iPhone 5. The new ones are barely in stock. How can they remanufacture any refurbs after 8 days?

You'll get a new phone regardless if it is a retail exchange or a warranty replacement.

6. SR45, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012

SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

30 days if purchased from Apple Store

14 days from Verizon

30 days from AT&T I think

Some force a restocking fee, some may waive it if you are lucky. Depends

Other countries have their own return policy. Check with them

----------------------------------------------------------------
    AT&T offers a return policy for equipment and services purchased directly from AT&T through a corporate-owned AT&T retail store, over the phone from AT&T, and online from att.com. You can return or exchange your device during the return and exchange period.

Device

You have 30 days after activation to return or exchange your device, and 14 days after activation for tablets purchased with month-to-month or a 2-year contract.

Device must be in like-new condition with no physical or water damage and in the manufacturer's original packaging. You also must include original components, including device, battery, charger, manual, unopened software, and a copy of the invoice or receipt. If anything is missing or device is not in like-new condition, your return may not be accepted. We cannot accept returns or exchanges for:

How to return or exchange your device

If you bought the device at an AT&T retail store during the applicable return period, return it to any AT&T retail store. If you bought the device online at att.com or
    over the phone from AT&T during the applicable return period, mail the device back to AT&T or bring to any AT&T retail store.

Be sure to keep your tracking number. You can exchange equipment once within the applicable Return Period. If you bought a refurbished device and want to exchange it for a brand-new version of the same device, you will have to pay the price difference between the refurbished and new device. You’ll also have to sign a new contract under the following conditions:

The price you paid for the original equipment was a term commitment price AND
    The new equipment has a different Early Termination Fee associated with it from the original equipment, e.g. you exchange from a basic phone to a smartphone.

The new contract term will restart from the date the new agreement is signed. This will be your new Service Commitment date. However, your service activation date (the date you signed your first contract) will not change for any purpose, including, but not limited to, applicable warranty period and calculating any early termination fees (ETF) you may be obligated to pay.

0-30 days Full refund less any applicable fees

Restocking fee of $35

Apple devices: No restocking fee if device returned unopened

31 days or more

Return directly to manufacturer. Refund subject to manufacturer warranty policy as follows: Refurbished devices carry a warranty from the manufacturer of 90 days after purchase date. New devices carry a warranty of 1 year after purchase date.

Apple devices: Refund subject to Apple warranty policy. New Apple branded equipment covered by Apple's one-year Limited Warranty. Refurbished Apple branded equipment covered under Apple’s original Limited Warranty and will have at least 90 days or more remaining under warranty when sold.

Smartphone, Netbook, Notebook: AT&T early termination fee $325 minus $10 for each full month you complete under the service commitment.

7. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

You have to pay restocking fee for returns. Since there's something wrong with your phone, there should be no restocking fee.