Has AT&T cheated on me, Status Different from all others?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BOZENG, Sep 19, 2012.

1. BOZENG, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

BOZENG macrumors newbie

Hi all:

Thanks in advance if there is any help from you guys (and thanks there is such a warm forum for apple users)

I preordered my device (ip5) on launch day 1:30 am Pacific Time, September 14. I might have made the biggest misktake in my life: Order it through AT&T.

I am eligible for a new 2 year contract with upgrade. So I clicked preorder the iPhone 5, everything is routine, I followed all the steps. Here is the trick.

It is a family plan and I am not the host. The email address he entered is apparently not working (no@yahoo.com) . Hence After the Congratulations page of preorder, I did not receive any email.

However, I can check through AT&T website for the online order status of that phone. Here is what I got:

Screen Shot 2012-09-19 at 4.50.00 PM.png
    Entirely different from all that you posted in the AT&T Preorder Status post.

OK, then somebody advised me to go to https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/order_status
    When I entered my order number or my cell phone number, it shows identically:
    Screen Shot 2012-09-19 at 4.09.11 PM.png
    with an expired service hot line (the 800- number is not even ATT, you can try)

When I called their wireless order status line, what I got after entering my cell phone number is:

"We can not locate your order". However the order with the same phone number appears in the AT&T website, i just showed one second ago.

OK, here comes the question:

Has my order been processed or not?

PS. in AT&T, now I am not eligible for upgrade anymore. If AT&T thinks I've already used the new 2 year contract while not actually processing my order, I don't know what to say.

Their customer service line is busy all day and web chatting is offline even at noon Pacific Time.

And I don't know what to do.

Anyway, ATT's ordering system is 1000 times worse than Apple's. I will never buy anything from AT&T any more.

Is there anything I can do? Thanks.

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

If the website says you are no longer eligible for an upgrade, that is a very good sign.

As to the lead person with an invalid email address... take him out and shoot him.

4. BOZENG thread starter macrumors newbie

Can I go to a retail store to ask?

5. reputationZed macrumors 65816

They will most likely just tell you to call cs