Has autocorrect improved on the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Apr 29, 2013.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

Or is the improvement entirely dependent upon the iOS software? If so, will updating to the latest iOS slow down my 4S?

Autocorrect is decent, but I feel like it definitely could use improvement, it misses quite a bit.

2. bozzykid macrumors 68020

iOS is iOS. Keyboard is the same as the 4S. The keyboard still sucks.

3. maxosx macrumors 68020

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

This is one of those places that I am shocked apple hasn't made clear improvements. In not going to say there hasn't been progress because I don't know what has or hasn't been done under the hood. I will say that it feels like nothing has been done. I will also say that, for me, it is clearly inferior to android and even wp8 out of the box; wp8 takes the cake in terms of stock keyboard and auto correct. I have heard much praise about blackberry 10 as well.

5. bozzykid macrumors 68020

The latest stock keyboard in stock Android is pretty awesome too. It has swype features. Plus it has more than autocorrect. It has suggestions for the current and next word based on your typing history. Apple has really done almost nothing to the keyboard in iOS in years. It's a shame as many different companies have innovated in this area.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Swype is one of those things you either love it or you don't. I personally don't care for it. I am never finding myself wanting to type one handed. Despite having used swype I am always faster with two hands, so I use them. But I agree. Android has gotten much better as well. Honestly, I feel android tied with iOS when gingerbread launched, in terms of stock keyboard, and since then, android has launched into the stratosphere. iOs has just sat idly waiting. :)

7. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Wow, I'm surprised by these responses. Are Android and WP8 superior in any other areas? What is the iPhone still even superior in? How is it still so popular?

8. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

That's a loaded question that will get people riled up on any forum. There are few measurable differences where one can say this is better than that and apply some sort of metric to it. I'd say iOS popularity has a lot to do with ease of use, and perhaps build quality. Of the three mentioned I would say windows phone is the least capable, but not prohibitively so, for the average consumer.

9. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah I figured there were many sides....I'm happy with my iPhone I just wonder if my experience and capabilities could be greater.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

They could be. Or maybe not. It really depends on what you are looking for. Return policies are pretty good. My suggestion is to give something else a try. :)

11. macandmercedes macrumors member

It is the same, every time you use it you have to tear your hear out.

12. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

You mean my ears? :D

I kid. I am the worst at typos. I shouldn't be allowed to point them out, EVER. :cool: