Has my data protection been breached?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ruleofsix, Aug 31, 2013.

1. ruleofsix macrumors newbie

Hi guys, this will sound like a joke but it is totally genuine. I received an email from a lady in New York who received an iPhone 5 handset which repeatedly pops up asking for her to log in as myself to access apple ID.

The pop up contains my email adress but obviously no password, having spoken to the manager at a local apple store he seems to think it is a software based issue. What is getting me is how this is my data appearing on another device, how do i know it has not appeared on many other devices? Not overly sure what to do about this i have a string of emails to and from the lady who has the iPhone along with screen shots of the requested apple ID login.

What would you guys do??

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

from what ive read before, if you load music on your device that was downloaded from someone elses appleID, upon restore, it may ask for that persons appleID. ive seen this happen before personally on my ipod. is there a chance you downloaded music and shared it online from which others have downloaded and shared?

on the other hand, it could indeed just be a software fluke. there have been a bunch of threads like this both on here and other forums if you search.