Has Siri/Dictation improved this week?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AeroUK, Aug 26, 2012.

1. AeroUK macrumors 6502

Hey everyone,

I am in the USA but use Siri and dictation on the English voice because of my accent. I do not normally use this function but just by playing with it this week I feel like it is a lot more accurate now. Have you guys noticed any improvement in the accuracy?

2. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

I speak perfect english with typical american accent and even I noticed a huge improvement in recognition as well as the speed at which Siri responds to the dictation. Glad it isn't just me that noticed....it must be real.

3. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Yes, it seems to have improved greatly over the past few days. Even without perfectly enunciating words, it is picking up amazingly. It even works well in a car with the radio and air conditioning on (in the passenger's seat).

4. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187

Another hint that the iPhone 5 release is close.. :p

5. AeroUK thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm glad it's not just me, how come the rumour sites are not picking up on this?

The great thing about Siri is that even if it does make a mistake it will direct you to Google search and then Google will correct the error and give you the correct answer 99% of the time.

In general though it is working really well!

6. David085 macrumors 6502a

David085

Notthing to do with the iPhone 5 release...
    I not a developer for iOS 6 haven't notice it I don't have a iPhone with Siri, Just a iPad 3 and will have Siri once iOS 6 is release for public since iOS 6 is going to support Siri for the iPad.

7. melburstein macrumors regular

melburstein

I'm using SIRI in the Verizon 5 under iOS6. Big improvement over prior versions. Big improvements.

8. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

I've found that dictation has always been pretty good. SIRI.. I don't see any difference in accuracy.

I do notice there is far more lag between text feedback ( i.e., create an appointment.... ) and the actual command being executed on the phone.

9. tivoboy macrumors 68030

actually worse?

Now, I'm on the 4s, but I have actually found the opposite, much slower and sometimes no connection at all to Siri, even when just trying to dial a number, and the translation is worse. Not sure if this is just more users on the network, or changes to siri, or maybe there are TWO paths now hitting the SAI computers? One for ios 5, and one for ios 6?