Has supply caught up with demand?

jedi74

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Just curious if people are still having trouble getting iPhone 5's at apple stores?

I would like to get a feeling before i start hardcore researching/calling stores.....

thanks for all of your help!

PeterTran

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2012
Just curious if people are still having trouble getting iPhone 5's at apple stores?

I would like to get a feeling before i start hardcore researching/calling stores.....

thanks for all of your help!
bump i would also like to know this

bowlen

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
Perth
I think you can tell by the estimated shipping time on the Apple website (which is currently around 1-2 weeks)???

I haven't been into an Apple shop, but I think it is slowly catching up

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
The Seattle area stores are all still saying no available stock and they don't know when they'll get any.

DynaFXD

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
East Coast
? What exactly is hard core calling or researching? Just how many Apple stores are in your area? Shouldn't take but a minute to answer your question. Anyway, I was at the Newark, DE store (packed to the gills with people at 3 pm on a week day, BTW) and they had plenty. I asked one of the sales associates and he intimated that they had never run out, although stock did get drawn down occassionally. Now the (*&^ lightning cable I was there for...THAT was sold out,

Isn't there a reservation system that you can use after 10 pm to assure yourself of a device? The Apple store app tells you whats in your local store as well (if you have an iOS device).

Good luck!

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
? What exactly is hard core calling or researching? Just how many Apple stores are in your area? Shouldn't take but a minute to answer your question. Anyway, I was at the Newark, DE store (packed to the gills with people at 3 pm on a week day, BTW) and they had plenty. I asked one of the sales associates and he intimated that they had never run out, although stock did get drawn down occassionally. Now the (*&^ lightning cable I was there for...THAT was sold out,

Isn't there a reservation system that you can use after 10 pm to assure yourself of a device? The Apple store app tells you whats in your local store as well (if you have an iOS device).

Good luck!
How? Only way I knew of checking was through the reservation feature (if it said In Stock). Are you referring to that only? If not, please tell!

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
I ordered one on Sept 29, and was quoted Oct. 31-Nov 6th if that helps. Still haven't seen any in stores.

foam

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
Just checked the reservation and every Apple store has in stock in my area. I feel like the only person short is AT&T... they said I won't get mine until next month and won't let me cancel

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I wish, still sold out everywhere and the chinese are working very slow:D
Slow is good as long as the quality improves which plagued the early adopters !

It took me 14 attempts at reserving mine from my local Apple Store in the Uk.

Eventually got my reservation success e mail and i am picking it up later on today.

Happy days.

MxChino

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2008
I was at the Columbus Ohio Polaris location last night to exchange my iPhone and there was plenty of walk ins buying iPhones.