Has supply caught up with demand?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jedi74, Oct 11, 2012.

1. jedi74 macrumors regular

Just curious if people are still having trouble getting iPhone 5's at apple stores?

I would like to get a feeling before i start hardcore researching/calling stores.....

thanks for all of your help!

2. PeterTran macrumors member

bump i would also like to know this

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

The numbers vary from store to store, only Apple knows what their inventory & production volume is. Anything else is guesswork.

4. bowlen macrumors member

I think you can tell by the estimated shipping time on the Apple website (which is currently around 1-2 weeks)???

I haven't been into an Apple shop, but I think it is slowly catching up

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

The Seattle area stores are all still saying no available stock and they don't know when they'll get any.

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

3-4 not 1-2 in US.

7. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

? What exactly is hard core calling or researching? Just how many Apple stores are in your area? Shouldn't take but a minute to answer your question. Anyway, I was at the Newark, DE store (packed to the gills with people at 3 pm on a week day, BTW) and they had plenty. I asked one of the sales associates and he intimated that they had never run out, although stock did get drawn down occassionally. Now the (*&^ lightning cable I was there for...THAT was sold out,

Isn't there a reservation system that you can use after 10 pm to assure yourself of a device? The Apple store app tells you whats in your local store as well (if you have an iOS device).

Good luck!

8. saberahul macrumors 68040

How? Only way I knew of checking was through the reservation feature (if it said In Stock). Are you referring to that only? If not, please tell!

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

3-4 week ship times and numerous threads on this forum started by those still looking. Supply has not yet caught up.

10. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I ordered one on Sept 29, and was quoted Oct. 31-Nov 6th if that helps. Still haven't seen any in stores.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I wish, still sold out everywhere and the chinese are working very slow:D

12. bowlen macrumors member

Ah yeah - just checked. It is 3-4 in AUS too.

13. foam macrumors member

Just checked the reservation and every Apple store has in stock in my area. I feel like the only person short is AT&T... they said I won't get mine until next month and won't let me cancel

14. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Slow is good as long as the quality improves which plagued the early adopters !

It took me 14 attempts at reserving mine from my local Apple Store in the Uk.

Eventually got my reservation success e mail and i am picking it up later on today.

Happy days.

15. iAi macrumors 6502

Thanks to those who really worked hard and slow during week 39! :D It was flawless. :cool:

16. old-wiz macrumors G3

17. MxChino macrumors member

I was at the Columbus Ohio Polaris location last night to exchange my iPhone and there was plenty of walk ins buying iPhones.