Has the death of a plant ever made you...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by waloshin, Jul 21, 2012.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Has the death of a plant ever made you mad or upset? The reason why I ask is because I believe my cycad is done after a storm attacked it tonight.

[​IMG]

2. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

I was a little frustrated when my little cactus died. It frustrated me because it made me wonder how can i not take care of such a small little plant that required little taking care of.

3. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

If your woody trunk and crown is no longer large hard and stiff, then I do think that your cycad as karked it. Just like the Monty Python parrot sketch, it's off it's perch and legs in the air. Sorry. back to: http://www.jurassicplantsnursery.com/3.html

KGB:rolleyes:

4. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

I've been trying to nurse a plant I got in my senior year of AP biology back to life... it's not been going well. There's memories attached to it, as I've had it for years now, but in the end it's just a plant. :)

5. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

Yep, about twenty years ago my parents went on holiday to the south of france with myself and my sister. I was pretty small at the time so only have fragments of memories. My mother being the cheeky type she was spied a small Aloe plant in the wild and nabbed it, wrapped it up in tissue paper and stuffed it in her checked baggage to smuggle back into the UK.

The grown up plant now resides in my father garden, having outlived my mother by more than a decade, she passed away about 13 years ago. It has since spawned several smaller Aloes and I took one and kept it in my garden in york though it lasted all of about a month or so and there was a frost that just abruptly killed it dead.

I was pretty upset, though I'll get another child plant and take better care of it so it wasn't the end of the world. The parent plant always survived such weather fine, I guess the climate up in york is just that bit colder.

6. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

My Parents accidentally killed off their orchard. Plums and Apples, bitches be amazing.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I remember all the times I would take my plants to the beach or play a game of catch with them. I don't know what I would do if one of them died...

8. TPadden macrumors 6502a

9. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I found a bottle of Agent Orange in the gardening closet while cleaning out my dad's house. "Blackberry Killer" 2,4,5,T. Kind of creeped me out at first, took it to Hazardous Waste, but now I wish I had kept it for archival purposes.

10. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I had an Oak tree that died which made me upset. It cost $1,800 to have it cut down and removed. Plus the lawn got torn up in the process costing even more to replace. Other than monetary reasons I could have cared less.

What I find more upsetting are the plants that won't die. Like the Ivy and weeds that keep encroaching on the yard. I've used every different product recommended and none are 100% effective. Often I mix the concentrate double or triple to have some effect. Though the stuff works wonders on decimating plants I wanted to keep that got hit by a tiny amount of overspray, while those I intentionally drenched keep thriving.

11. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

My same sentiment when a flower that someone gave me, died in less than a week...it was like an insult :mad:. I've given up on keeping plans or small animals (as a child, I had a gold fish that suffered the same fate :( )

geez...hope you washed your hands