Has the iPhone's Screen been out done?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by antman2295, Dec 7, 2011.

1. antman2295 macrumors 6502

2. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

Yes

but it has taken over a year for that to happen lol

3. antman2295 thread starter macrumors 6502

True, lol

4. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Yes, the iphone screen is no longer the highest pix density out. :apple:

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There'll be better screens, either by virtue of resolution and/or because of OLED variants or other advances. As far as resolution is concerned, I don't personally see a great "need" for 720p on or 1080p for that matter on a cell phone except that it makes it easier to put video on the phone without needing to resolution-convert it (either beforehand or on-the-fly).

6. appleamg macrumors newbie

7. Appleboy3 macrumors newbie

Yeah, but next year the iPhone 5 (or whatever its called) will blow everything else out of the water, im sure of it.

8. Achillias macrumors regular

Yes the are outdated. Should atleast been 4 inch. Even if the rumors are true for next year, it would be outdated again.

9. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

You're "sure of it"? Just like all those thousands of people on here that were "sure" that there would ben an iPhone 5 with bigger screen etc this fall :cool:

The iPhone screen has been out-done... Big deal. In my opinion, it's not all about resolution. Super AMOLED Plus looks 10x better than LCD's. I can only imagine the god-like beauty of the Galaxy Nexus, which has HD Super AMOLED 720×1280 px at 316 ppi

10. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Depends on what you want... For me, the iPhone screen was outdone once the SAMOLED HD screens were announced. High res, deep blacks, and BIG SCREENS :D The Galaxy Nexus and the Galaxy Note have them.

11. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

damn thats exactly what i was going to say.

I have a feeling that Apple will have something to change about the screen with the next iphone, i just don't know what it is whether it be a bigger size, different resolution or what.

Its really hard to say, Apple has stuck with the 3.5" since the first iPhone, so maybe it will just always be that way.

12. auxsend macrumors regular

A nice 4+ inch screen with higher ppi than retina? Yeah, it's better.

Apple really has no choice but to bring it next year. The Nexus is Vz only, which is really it's only downside seeing as it is, by far, the best cell phone released this year.