Has the latest update turned anyones 3GS into a slow piece of crap?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Soundburst, May 18, 2011.

1. Soundburst macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

My 3GS has always been great. But since the last update the browser takes seconds upon opening to actually become usable, everything is slower.

Why mess with perfection?....it's starting to feel android-y with it's clunkiness :(

2. dionisiog macrumors newbie

My experiences since the update have not been very good.

I posted this morning on a simular theme. I have been experiencing more bugs with almost every update. I also have found that a lot of apps had to be completely deleted and reinstalled to get them to work without crashing after the update. I have had failures with the touch interface, almost reminded me of a virus-like software problem. For example, my keyboard would pop up so that I could fill in information and then immediately disappear. Today, my keyboard would not pop up at all in my browsers. Can you imagine a quicker route to turning your Iphone touch into a piece of junk than that?
    Not certain what to do at this point.

3. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

We started seeing the same complaints with the iPhone 3G around the time that the iPhone 4 was about to be released... then it became really prevalent with iOS 4.0 I think its Apples way of getting people to eventually upgrade to the newer models.

4. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

Do you mean that Apple intentionally junks up an older model to get people to buy a newer model? That would make a heck of a class action suit if it could be proven!

Anyone who upgraded from a 3g or GS to a 4 would get a lot of cash back I'm thinking!

If it could be proven that is!